Cayenne Turbo vs Jeep SRT8 vs RRS Supercharged vs VW Touareg V10 TDI

too expensive to mod and repair the porsche, plus with a porsche, you’re just another weenie with a briefcase full of cash, jeep srt8 FTW! Buy a supercharger kit for less than 10k, go to town 700 whp

We had a Cayenne S for a bit and it was fun but the maintenance cost were high. Also OEM accessories were a joke when it came to the price tag.
I have not driven the rest to compare but I had a SRT8 Jeep pull up along side me this morning and it sounded great.

Too many variables, a $100K SUV and a $40K SUV do not have the same ownership costs, no matter what the warranty. That being said I’ll take the cheap one.

If it’s a car that work is paying for or mom and dad and I just get to drive it, I’ll take the Range Rover sport, it’s the best looking one IMHO and I have a car to go fast in.

X…

This guy gets it.

perfect

looks would be based on individual taste, that cant be used

Uh, guys… the Cayenne is SLOWER than the SRT-8 in 2005 by a good bit. That was the whole point of the SRT-8 jeep back then- to ass-rape the Cayenne for half the price. The Cayenne may have 20 horsepower more, but it is CONSIDERABLY heavier by just shy of 500 pounds.

can’t you very lightly tune the cayenne turbo and get big power gains? (probably true of the SRT8 also)

Software for porsches is around 2k I think. Good benefit but fuck that

Honestly if you are looking for something fast, a SUV is not your best choice. Luxury first.

I wouldn’t ever buy a jeep. It’s a jeep, maybe for 10k id consider it if the rest were 30k. But I’d rather have the luxury of the range rover than the half ass build quality of the jeep.

Trying to find a TDI is like trying to find a unicorn. At least that is how it was in the spring of this year.

I coulda sold you my uncle’s, it tried to run him over and almost killed him

X…

SRT nope, Cayenne yep. I mean you can get mild gains out of either. But the CTT you can get large gains out of with very minimal work.

That is hot.

I never really looked into gains on the porsche. What are big gains for that engine? I know the TDI is a completely different animal but the numbers on paper do not look impressive enough for me to drop the money on a tune just yet.

Apr says 53hp/96tq gain for stage 1 on the Porsche. 72hp/98tq gain with stage 2 which requires full exhaust.

I heard oc.t has a TDI chip that brings power to 360hp/660tq

What?!? Do tell.

You need to be more specific about your needs.

You wanna check out a Jeep, let me know. I’ve been beating the piss out of mine for 20k (in the last 10 months) …

Every Cayenne we sell comes back within 6 months and all the owners complain about how terrible they are. I know you will have a warranty but do you really want to have it in the shop every few months? The SRT8’s are fun but the interior falls apart pretty easily (seat trim pieces, window regulators, gauges, etc). RRS are electrical and suspension nightmares. Touaregs are the most bland of the bunch and are unreliable to boot. If I HAD to choose from that group it would still be the SRT8 all day - not even close either.

How about one of these: Cayenne GTS (6 speed manual available also fyi)

Edit: These are still going for good money being 2008’s and up.

http://www.porschepits.com/images/2012-porsche-cayenne-gts/2012-porsche-cayenne-gts-picture-2739.jpg