CB7 Accord - "The Beater Leader"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/01q4/buick_regal_vs._ford_taurus_chevy_impala_dodge_intrepid_hyundai_xg350_nissan_altima_toyota_camry_honda_accord-comparison_tests/honda_accord_lx_v-6_page_5

I’m happy I’ve kept my Accord for as long as I have. It’s only now starting to rust away around the edges.

Well, it looks like no more of a pile of shit at a million miles than it did at 1. However, it still looks like a pile of shit.

I fucking hate these cars because they are the epitome of the appliance car that sell/sold so well to people who know nothing about cars. Slow, ugly, boring, but last forever and are idiot proof. And the more people who bought this type of boring shit, the more of it they made and the less of anything remotely interesting.

You still do see these all over, and every time I do I guess broke ass stoner looking pizza boy, ghetto dude, or 16 year old girl as the driver and am usually fairly accurate.

If you watch the video he says he’s on his 3rd engine, big deal

eh, you can say that, but what they did 20 years ago the big 3 are still trying to catch up on. a simple, reliable, cheap means of transportation. i understand, gm makes siiqqq cars with v8s and stuff, but they havent ever (and still dont, to my knowledge) make something that compares to the reliability, low cost of ownership, and relatively (very relatively) good driving, handling car. its no porsche, but my 94 accord def handles better than any 94 ford taurus ive ever driven (and i owned one for a year a while ago)

also, honda stepped up their game in the sports car market within a few years, the integra gsr or type r, nsx, prelude and even s2k are a few that come to mind, all while still excelling at making a car that every day normal people could drive to work and back in. not everyone is looking for a sporty car, to most people cars are simply transportation.

you can group all of the people that drive these cars into a category of “poor” or “stupid” if you like, but one thing is for certain - these are seen much more often on the road driving in 2011 than anything the big 3 were putting out that was comparable at the time, and that truly speaks for itself

at what point? i may have missed it, but i dont recall hearing that.

that’s cause i made it up, made you believe!

1 million miles mission complete!
http://money.msn.com/auto-insurance/article.aspx?post=1b508384-22cb-4e0a-ab64-56133ee25da7

I came in here to post the autoblog link haha…

Yeah I happened to just stumble across it on msn. I knew there had to be better information elsewhere but just didn’t bother searching lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0L1YmcZIQ

https://youtu.be/CF0L1YmcZIQ

I’m curious as to how he feels about the new car. I mean, the dude loves his car so much that he’s kept it on the road for a million miles. At that point do you even want a new car? Plus they threw the guy a parade so he’s kind of obligated to drive it, haha.

What about all the million plus mile Mercedes 240D’s over in the motherland that they use as taxis?

Let’s not forget, the knocking on 3 million miles, original owner, Volvo from NY.

At least that one is a pretty cool car. If you’re going to spend that much of your life behind the wheel of a car at least make it something interesting. At my 7500 miles a year I’d have to live to almost 150 to hit a million miles driven.

You know, this post reeks of dumberica…it’s what some one that just doesn’t “get it” would say. How could you criticize a car SO GOOD at what it amied to accomplish, that EVERYONE tried to copy it, as it became the new standard? NO american car company has ever done anything even remotely compararable to what what Honda has accomplished in this field. And nothing interesting? How about the evolution of variable cam timing, dual wishbone suspension, fuel efficiency, etc. They have set new industry standards. Think about your post a little bit. You should be thankful for what Honda’s done in the last few decades…they are one of the main reasons cars are as good as they are today…

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Also, huge thumbs up to the P1800’s…amazing cars…

The Honda Accord brought impeccable chassis dynamics to the mainstream.