CB7 Accord - "The Beater Leader"

i read this write up a while back and enjoyed it. just re-read it a bit ago and enjoyed it again. i dont think i need to remind everyone here of my love for 90-93 accords heh

either way, well written, entertaining, and worth a few minutes -

definitely worth the read! “Like Waffle House, Baptist Churches and Kudzu, they’re everywhere.”

I <3 my 6th gen accord. I just wish I liked it enough to not want something else. I have car ADD

After 10yrs I still got mine with no major issues other than I just had to replace a tie rod and have an odd gas/fume leak somewhere and getting crappy city driving mileage but still 30+hwy. Only has 102k on it but Im debating about selling it this spring. Its nice if when I do need something for it, I can just go to the junkyard and have my pick of the litter in parts for cheap.

Incredible cars, loved for good reason…

too many leaky gas tanks : )

Good read, would read again

the tanks get soft but southern tanks are plentiful and inexpensive. Ive owned a few and they were very reliable and rarely had any surprises. Ive known 2 people personally that had well over 300k miles on theirs. 90-93 esp 92 and 93 are really solid vehicles. 94-97 share alot of parts with the 90-93 and are pretty solid but 90-93 def gets the gold standard in my book

lol. pwn3d

mine is about to roll over 400k in a few days. well, its not really mine anymore, i gave it to my younger brother for xmas and treated myself to a 94 ex. still missing the cb7, i do drive it every now and again though

True but so many were replaced you can easily find one at the junkyard in excellent condition. I have 2 that I got for $10 each. Another flaw is that elbow gas hard line which rusts and starts to leak. I ended up just cutting it off and used a soft line in replace of it. I guess the internal coil/distributor is another flaw.

that stupid thing that bolts to the frame? its such a poor design, has a plastic cover on it that holds salt and water so it just sits in there and rusts that line out… ive deleted that on all of my accords haha

Yep when I went to the LKQ junkyard to see if I could find a clean one they were all rotted out or modded or removed in some way. That solved my gas leak problems but I still smell fumes. Once decnt weather hits I will finally get off my lazy ass and pull the tank.

I really like this gen Accord a lot, especially the wagons. unfortunately, no need for a beater, but if I did, I would have to go check these out: http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/2206914452.html 2 wagons, $1500

Good deal there…

So Jam when are you getting that “accord” tatoo again? LOL. My 91 Hatch was an awesome beater back in the day.

bump, bc dude is estimated to hit 1,000,000 this month -

http://automobiles.honda.com/mile-makers/

WTF IS WITH THE DOUBLE POSTS LATELY

:tup: and what looks like to be not a single spot of rust.

892,000 miles to go for me!

It’s the only way any car would make it that far…

Good entertaining read.

Seems like Honda has currently abandoned their old way of thinking though.

I’ve got ~300k on mine, it needs a blower motor and some fiddling with the VSS, that’s it. Anybody know how to get the blower out?