CBR600RR Swing Arm

So I am taking off my swingarm on my 03 CBR600RR to get it powdercoated and I was wondering if anyone on here has done this and what the size of the nut and bolt is. I was wondering if there is any special “honda tool” like for rear engine mounts. Any info would help.

PM Paulo, he’s the 600rr man.

^ dot.

Which nut/bolt are you talking about? The pivot bolt? You can buy the tool from dealerships but I just made my own. All I did was find a bolt where the head fit into it, and welded a nut to it so I could fit a socket on that end to loosen the pivot bolt.

Yeah the pivot bolt, sorry for the crappy description I was in the middle of working on it. I thought about welding a nut to a bolt that fit in to it but dont have a welder. My friends family owns general welding so i will just swing over after work tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

thought u sold this thing? what color you going?

No problem. If you want, you can borrow mine. I’m in Amherst.

I’m going with the same textured black that the frame is.

Siq, post pics when you are done.

I always wondered why Honda did that… full black frame and then a brushed aluminum swingarm…duhhh:roflpicard:

be mindful of the tolerances in certain parts of the swingarm. Especially with a textured PC. PC I pretty thick so you’ll need to use high temp paint to mask off certain area and plug threaded holes. For example the back of the swing arm where the rear tire axel goes through. Mask that off LOL. I learned the hard way.