Cedrick Wilson Fired

Thats bullshit… you need to :slap: a hoe every once in a while!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/15648965/detail.html

Wow, wasn’t expecting that. I concur you gotta regulate sometimes though

there was rumors that he was about to get cut anyway for cap reasons. this makes it easy… i totally expected this. the rooneys hate to look bad.

cool.

My dad just brought this point up to me… which I do agree… but if they wern’t going to cut him, it seems pointless to be politically correct and fire the guy and just let another team pick him up… that dosen’t make him any less of a thug or teach him a lesson… now if the NFL did something to him, that would hurt him big time.

Cuttys Post in other thread:

Steelers explain Wilson’s release
Thursday, March 20, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
The Steelers decided to release wide receiver Cedrick Wilson last night, shortly after he was arrested for punching his former girlfriend in the face in a Pine restaurant.

"We’re extremely disappointed with this incident,‘’ Steelers chairman Dan Rooney said this morning. "The Steelers do not condone violence of any kind, especially against women.

"The majority of our players are good citizens and make numerous positive contributions to the community. Unfortunately, these kinds of incidents reflect poorly on all our players and many innocent and good people are considered guilty by association, they get thrown into the pot, so to speak.’

Rooney said Wilson, the team’s No 4 wide receiver, was released because of the circumstances involved and that they differed from those of Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison, who was arrested March 8 for assaulting his girlfriend in Ohio Township.

"I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,‘’ Rooney said. “The circumstances – I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don’t condone these things, we don’t, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they’re not all the same.”

In Harrison’s case, Rooney said the player was trying to take his son to be baptized, while Wilson had a previous incident with his girlfriend, although she was charged, but Wilson was not.

“What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it,” Rooney said of Harrison’s initial intent. “He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn’t want to do it.”

Hahahahaha. This happened across the street from my office! I just ate lunch there today, actually.

if you tried to regulate with your wife, you’d be :owned:

theres has been drama with him and hs wife (gf, whatever) since the season was still goin on. it has been a big problem for over 3-4 months. im sure Rooneys are just sick of dealing with it. plus cedrick is don kinda far on the depth chart anyways, so its not a huge deal to let him go.

its always been the rooneys policy to not put up with bullshit, this is just another example of how quick acting in an un-steeler like manner will get you cut.

I applaud the rooneys for not changing how the steelers are run and not putting up with the bs that many other nfl franchises put up with. There is a reason that the steelers have a huge fan base all over the US, this is one of those reasons

Ok… how about Harrison then??? Just like cuttys post that I copied n pasted.

the article answers that for you

"I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,‘’ Rooney said. “The circumstances – I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don’t condone these things, we don’t, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they’re not all the same.”

Come on man… u know thats bullshit…

that’s such a lame answer from the Rooney’s.

x 5,000,000

Translation…harrison dominates and if we lose him our D would suffer…and Wilson is a nonfactor so we dont give a fuck about him.

because you know what the fuck happened in both of the instances… :zzz:

ding ding ding… EXACTLY…

He could have at least came up with a better excuse…

exactly what facts are you basing this statement on?

You have to admit, thats a bullshit statement from Rooney tho… u know it is.