ceramic coating question

Buying a header for the S2000 and im thinking of getting it coated.
I called the place in Rochester and they will do it for $225 but its white (yuk)
Jet-Hot says $145 for the Extreme silver (almost like mirror’ish) Shipping is around $60 total.
Anyone know of a shop more local then Rochester thats good on their price and has a finish of the Extreme silver or even just black?

Also, why couldnt I take some HIGH TEMP paint and paint the header?

Currently the header is silver but will turn colors. Coating it not only keeps it looking nice but drops engine bay heat AND doesnt it help get the gases out faster (more performace in a way) <<<<<or no?

Spending $200ish some where else would be nice (dont care too much of the color changing. But if I see a slight increase in performance ALONG with engine bay temp drops and it stays nice and silver…then $200 is worth it IMO

high temp paint will flake off in a few months or less if it’s an exhmani

hmmm
any idea if the Ceramic Coating will also help performance?

i have no idea other than reducing temperatures especially since it’s stainless

what header are you getting?

A turbocharger would DEFF increase performance. :slight_smile:

Possibly J’s Racing

I did it on my exhaust mani for the GSRT a few yrs back…I was impressed to see the difference in heat under my hood compaired to others

Yeah if you’re getting a nice one like the j’s and not something like buddy/club/megan/uselesswasteofmoney one i would definitely do it

Swain Tech is probably the shop in Rochester (their coating is white). I used them for my up pipe, vf39’s hot side, and the turbo outlet. Coating is good, but was not happy with their masking job. Customer service was rude as hell to me. Will not use again.

Had JetHot coat my header (JH2000), turbo heat shield, and downpipe (sterling). Very happy with the quality of their work and the quality of the coating. Also used them a few years back for a downpipe and midpipe, after 2 buffalo winters those parts still looked like new (sterling again).

Both companies do quality coatings (not “high temp paint”). I just like JH’s service and attention to detail much better.

http://www.fireballcoatings.com/

this is the place i sent my turbo housing to and they did a great job and recommend them…only thing is they are in canada.

performance wise you probably wont see much if anything

is it worth doing the test pipe too?
TP is $100
Coating it is $15-20

False. I have done many exhaust parts in high temp paint that have never flaked off on me, including turbo manifolds.

Properly cleaned and prepped everything, then threw the parts in front of a torpedo heater to get them nice and hot, warmed up the can some, then sprayed the parts. After each coat I always turned the heater back on but gotta be careful as to not over do it or you will start bubbling the paint. Then let it sit for a couple days and I never got any flaking or anything.

^^^ your the first person who ive heard of saying it actually works, ive had it work for a couple months then slowly fade/chip away

jethot is the shit and will definitely do what you want it to do, i know the performance gains aren’t huge but cutting under hood heat will definitely be beneficial

I can get it done locally if you want. It would be the ceramic coating not just high temp. powder. It can be done it silver,(ceramakrome) satin black, or gray.

ceramakrome $185

gray/black $160