Cf Hood Faded

My friend wanted me to ask on here to see if anyone maybe knows how to fix this problem my friend has a Cf hood on his srt4. It looks all faded and he was woundering what he can do it almost looks as if there is wax baked into the clear coat or what ever the clearing is on those hoods. I told him to try highspeed he said he tryed in a little patch and it didnt work so figured iwould post on here. See if someone else has any ideas i told him also it might need to be wet sanded down and recleared. But open for ideas

the clear is probably bad. most likely, he’s gonna have to wetsand till its all uniform, then reclear.

I’m backing up that answer.

Its actually a REALLY good idea when getting a carbon fiber hood. (Depending on who makes it) To get another layer of clear put on. Due to alot of companies just leave the resin, w/o any clear coat. fyi

I have heard this from many other people as well. Good advice.

Funny, the hood on my red civic hatch is doing the same thing… BUT it can’t be wet sanded. It appears to be the actual gel coat that is sun faded, so there is nothing I can do. Turdteg said that its imperative that you wax CF hoods to prevent that.

I’m MAD pissed at my hood and will either sell it for 100bux or paint it.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22994

Or paint it, like you should. :greddy:

I agree.

then whats the point of owning one :hsugh:

i never understood why people waste all the money on them in most cases the stock hood weights within in 2-5lbs

gosh, i’ve seen what, almost 20lbs lost??

If i’m painting, im going with the fiberglass skin FTW!!!

Why don’t people strip all the paint off of their car? It would save a couple of pounds.

-answer: it would look retarded

With out doubt re-clear the hood. I did it to mine it still looks great 3 yrs later.