Chad's G8 GT

Well I got the car February of 2010… Was not used to the power at all, Not saying its crazy but I went from a base Monte Carlo with a 3400 that my father got me (Most likely so I wouldnt ask to drive his vehicles) lol, It wasnt that bad of a car though very reliable. Needless to say I went to the dealership for the G8 basically just expecting not to get approved cause I was 21 at the time and the car was like 27,000 out the door, Ended up getting approved.

Mods as of right now (In order)-

Roto-Fab Intake
Solo Mach Shorty catback

Future mods (In order)-

Kooks LT headers
Dyno tune
Magnacharger TVS1900

nice car. What kind of wheels are those?

I want one but blue… I cannot afford

They’re Vision Havocs they were made for the new camaros they said 20x8 front 20x9 rears. I have 2 sets thinking about getting a set powdercoated. Heres some closer pictures

White GXP 4 me plz

Stryker blues are nice, They even make a Stealth blue which is hard to find.

If your not afraid to travel people throw there G8’s for sale on this site G8Board.com. M6 option heard are somewhat hard to find too, Usually people that want manual keep there car I guess lol, and the people who miss stick sell there A6 to buy an M6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-Header-08-09-Pontiac-G8-GT-GXP-Exhaust-Manifold-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4cf406c3b0QQitemZ330511598512QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Discuss… Kooks knock off’s. Waiting on someone who bought them on the g8board to write a review of the quality and such… The guy from kooks said they copied there exact setup, Pending quality seems like it might be worth the 1,000$ dollars in savings… No cats tho…

I’ve seen/heard of many OBX headers cracking…

Just a forewarning… Most people seem to say once they crack and you weld them back up they are great, but its a bit of a pita

thanks for the warning… is it still a pain in the ass if you save a whole 1,000 dollars?

depends on the person i guess… I would rather pay a grand more, have a quality piece that I know I’m not going to have to pull back out to pay someone to re-weld possibly a few times…

but thats just me.

No… By all means I understand what your saying and I feel the same but damn 1,000$ hopefully Kooks drop there rediculous prices… Its like 1800 dollars for the exact same set up…

Spend the extra money, especially if you plan on keeping the car for a long time… Car looks great btw, love the color.

the OBX stuff has proven itself on the F-bodys…hearing about them cracking is news to me.

nice looking car…the only thing that bothers me is how ugly the wheels are.

Thanks for your opinion… I mean I coulda done the deep dish 5 spokes but that just seemed too usual for me…

IMO the deep dish would have looked much better. It would fit the flare out on the rear fenders alot more and if the wheel was wider, you could put a fatter tire on it. Big tire + wide wheel = bad ass stance.

Ive seen a lot of photos with dished wheels on the g8 and I dont think it looks as good as you think… I believe the no dish look fits the car best… And if i had the money these would be the wheels… But I’m kinda worried how the Black and Orange would mix

Here are some pics of different wheel setups… Some different colors ofcourse

2nd to last black one looks the best IMO