Championship winning 100k dollar build Subaru under 20k

Hundreds of hours of labor invested.
Pro repainted at a Subaru dealer.
NHRA 8.5 second certified cage.
Cost to have us duplicate this car (not counting R@D since we’ve done it already) ~100k

Price: $19,900.

Proven mid 9 second car, or high 9/low 10 with boost controller unplugged for 10.0 index racing.

Who wants to go fast for a small fraction of what this very well sorted car cost to build? I see Imprezas of this generation with basic swaps going for mid teens. This is only a bit more for something making more than double the power with tons of upgrades that we spent years perfecting.

In 2013 this car was the number 1 qualifier, won every single elimination round, and every CSCS event all year. You don’t see many Subarus this fast. Then the number that can do it over and over without constantly having issues or falling apart gets really small. This is a special car. That said if someone wants to buy it to part it out and make money on the ton of awesome parts on it, once it’s sold it’s all yours.

Here’s some of the mods list with parts values. There’s about 65 grand in parts alone listed here:
Innovative Tuning Stage 2+ shortblock $4,350
STI heads, full head porting, ferrea custom valvetrain and extreme temp valves, ferrea guides, custom cams $5,300
Custom water to air intercooler setup with Precision IC, Meziere pump, tank, Tial BOV, piping $2,500
Precision 6262 ceramic ball bearing custom rotated turbo kit, turndown pipe, aluminum cat back $4,500
Perrin big tube header $800
Custom dual CDI ignition with individual external coils and custom wires $1,400
KW Custom Drag Coilovers (built on Variant 3 platform)$2,200
MSI tubular rear subframe, trailing arms, lateral links $2,100
ViPec V88 standalone ECU, full custom wire in installation, tuning/dyno $2,300
AimSport Strada Digital Dash, aftermarket sensors, AEM wideband $1,650
Driveshaft Shop Level Axle and Hub kit rear, stg 5 front axles w/ARP extended studs, DSS driveshaft $3,600
Racing Brake Lightweight Brake Kits Front and Rear $3,600
Spec C lightweight roof $400
ID2000 injectors, fuel rails, stainless lines, AN fittings, fuel cell, dual pumps, FPR, inline filter $3,000
Exedy triple heavy duty clutch/flywheel $2,300
Sparco steering wheel, adaptor hub $180
Custom koyo drag racing radiator with low pro high output fan $900
Upgraded bushings, engine/tranny mounts, shifter, aluminum bushing deletes for T brace $825
S90 throttle body $249
DCCD interface $250
SFI seats, racing harnesses, fire extinguisher, battery cutoff, lightweight battery, window net $950
Rota Wheels, DOT slicks $1,400
Rota Wheels, full slicks $1,500
07 STI transmission, blueprinted/clearanced for racing, STI rear diff with clutch packs modded $7,000
TGV deletes, sensors, custom breather box, boost controller, reverse manifold/a/c delete kit $1,000
Camber plates front, bolts rear $300
front crossmember, sti knuckles, hubs, wheel bearings $1,500
Custom 8.5 legal NHRA Cage, rear seat delete $5,300
Custom drag wing and Stroud parachute setup, driveshaft loop $2,750
STI hood/bumper/fog covers $800

Serious inquiries welcome. We’ll be happy to review the car in greater detail. If you can afford a new WRX or STI you can afford this beast. Otherwise if you want a Subaru this fast and consistent you’re looking at spending about 3-4 times what this costs IF you find a shop that can do it right the first time. Delivery available at additional cost. Please like and share to spread the word!

Here’s a video from 2011 to show what an 11 second Subaru time attack race car looks like when run next to this drag car:
Innovative Tuning/JasV11 Drag Subaru more 9.7 passes - YouTube

Video of this car doing AWD burnouts:
Subaru AWD Burnout Compilation from CSCS round 2 drag racing on Vimeo

Here’s a 9.7 at 146 mile per hour pass from 2012:
Innovative Tuning drag Super Street class Subaru new best mile per hour of 146. on Vimeo

Video of event win at the final round of CSCS competition in 2013. Drag car at 1 minute in. This video shows current setup on the car:
Recap CSCS Round 5, 2013, Toronto Motorsports Park - YouTube

The car was professionally repainted for last season by a Subaru dealer’s body shop. I thought the paint looked fine before, but Jason took great care of the car and wanted the paint to be fresh.

Embeded the videos, GLWS! :tup:

This thread makes me want to just part out my car now and stop building it lol. So much build/parts money !
GL !

That seems like a great price for a PROVEN 9sec car that has been consistent. Great build and price. :tup:

x10
I’d buy this if I didn’t already have 908098 cars.

Bad ass!

This may be a totally dumb question, but is there any way this car would be able to run long enough on the stock PCM to pass an OBD scan, or is that totally out of the question?

GLWS…makes me curious to see what’s next!

1. No mileage listed.
  2. There’s no car in the first pic.

That’s not a dumb question. Voltron is also a 1996 model year Impreza like this car and when I used to drive Voltron on the street I was at the inspection station for the process. They did the process normally and the DMV/inspection computer said they didn’t need to scan the ECU because it was old enough that OBD2 wasn’t required. They just visually looked at the car. That’s not a guarantee things will go the same way today on this car, but that was my experience.

It does have a clean title.

i thought all 96’s had to be scanned

GLWS sweet car!

I’ve had two 96 Subaru Imprezas that didn’t need to be scanned, but I’m not clear on whether it was due to a production cutoff based on VIN, or certain types of cars in 96 don’t have to be tested or what.

A car for 1/5th the cost to build and runs 9’s? Still 75% too expensive for NYSpeed

Dude. Not needed. Didn’t we have to give you a timeout last time? We all understand how you feel please don’t start telling us all the time again.

BAHAHAHA

Seriously, awesome car.

2nd thing, inspections should be the last thing on someone’s mind when purchasing a vehicle, this is a car forum. People seriously don’t have hookups for inspections? PLZ