change catalytic converter asap

hi, i’m looking for someone or a shop (in the GTA) that would replace my catalytic converter. i already have the cat (direct bolt-on) and two gaskets. i have tryied replacing it myself but wasn’t able to remove any of the bolts since they’re super rusted, also used some WD-40 but still wouldn’t come out. i’ve called ct and quick muffler and quoted me with some high prices. this job may require cutting out my existing cat and then bolting in the newer one. willing to spend max of $50.
i will be going to work at 5pm but will be available tomorrow all day.
thanks.

have you tried lubing it with brake fluid and letting it sit over night?if that doesn’t work borrow someones dremel and cut off the bolts.btw check ct they have grinders you can find for under $50,but your self that and a cut off wheel and your good.hope this helps

Cutting the bolts would be the only way i see you getting that sucker off there. Be VERY carefull with the grinder/cutoff wheel and wear something like a leather jacket and something to cover your full face. Expessially if your under the car and the disc breaks at 15 000 RPM or w/e they spin up to because it will hurt you MAJORLY. Ive had 2 break on me because i didnt have the metal i was cutting secured properly. 1st time ended up in 22 stitches…2nd time got lucky now i wear protection…most of the time.

where did you get the catalytic converter and how much was it?

not to knock your or anything…how you’re going to pay someone to find a cat for you AND put it in for under 50 bux…back on topic…

I know a good exhaust guy in scarborough, call me if you want his number
416-567-8520
Matt

I would torch it, since its what i do 99% of the time. cutting takes too long.

any shop wuld change it for u for 50$ … they just torch the hell outa the bolts and give u new ones … just drive into a speedy or midas or anything near u.

if it is a 3" flanged cat I think you should just give it to me :smiley:

giving it to me would be a better idea cuz i would give u some money in exchange for it.

or u can tell me how much u paid ofr it and where u got it from.

try thru-way muffler at midland/eglinton

i got my catylic there with install for a good price

just give them cash under the table