Changing bushings

wussup guys…
i dunno if u recall i posted about my ride being really sloppy, but i just couldnt figure out what it was, well its the bushings.
I need to change my TC Rod bushings and control arm bushings but i have a problem. I dont know where to get the control arm bushings alone installed. I know u need a press or punch or something, but all the shops i know dont know what im talking about or cant do it. Ive read that you guys have done this replacement many times, and i wanted to know where you got it done or any shop in the GTA area i could get it done and for how much…
thanks

HOW LONG DID you bushing last you, i would have no clue if mine need replacing or not

might as well go someplace that can do an alighnment as well… try to work a deal. that is if youre doing anythng to the front suspension.

Hey frigga

I can do the TC rod bushings for you.

I just did my own TC rod bushings 2 days ago.

I will charge $120 for the job. To put in Energy or Whiteline bushings TC Rod bushings for your car. Done in 1 day.

However, for $100, I can also sell you 2 TC rods with bushings, used, but no labor included. The rods are from a 1998 180sx.

I also have 2 front lower control arms, with bushings included and ball joints too.

$100 for the two as well.

If you want to change your hub/spindle as well, I can throw those in for another $50 each, so $200 for the two control arms with hub and spindles.

or $300 for 2 TC rods, lower control arms, hub and spindle.

All the parts are very new in condition. Came off a JDM 1998 180sx. (No, not 1989)

if you are going to get your bushings replaced, go with polyurethane (F the rubber crap). If you are gonna go through the trouble and cost of replacing,you might as well go for aftermarket. i just replaced my TC rod bushings, and it makes a difference, trust me. Don’t even attempt the swap yourself, unless you have a REAL VICE (NOT a vice grip). Its a bitch, mechanics don’t wanna do it, and I paid $120 just to get the tension rod bushing replaced ($150 for the energy suspension, 20 some odd piece polyurethane set, TC rod, lower control arm, sway bar end links and bracket set).

souljourner seems to have a sweet deal though…

can anyone here look at my 240 and tell me whether it’s the bushings or the tc rods or the control arms or the struts? :roll:

Take a look under your car… look the TC Rod bushing… is it leaking goe?? if not, you’re fine unless your bushing has been cracked for a LONG time and all the goe already leaked out… hehe…

when you brake hard, does the car wobble and feel unstable? if so, it’s most likley the bushings.

put your hand on the bushing to make sure…

when i brake the steering wheel vibrates… i thought that’s cuz of i need new rotors. i do need alignment and wheel balancing though…

…so i’m wondering what to do about the problem with my car wobbling at the rear when changing lanes on the hwy/going through bumps… also, if i try to burn out, the car vibrates tremendously until i let go… when i drift left, the car vibrates and it’s a skippy drift. when i drift to the right, it’s a nice smooth drift the way it’s supposed to be.

so is my problem the same as frigga? new tc rods 'n stuff or wha?

i really dont know what to say about ur bushings… how many km’s do u have on the chassis?

i knew it was my bushings cuz all the goo leaked out on me… and the ride is “wobbily” in the sense that when i hit a bump… it doesnt feel stable…

if u go to crappy tire… the will put ur car on their hoist and tell u whats wrong for free… if that helps at all

frigga have you done your bushings yet?

not as yet…
i was goin to pick up some control arms with new bushings from souljourner… but andrew grabbed it b4 i could…
when i find a good price (hopefully someone is gettin an sr clip in the near future) ill just grab it off them

this is what I posted at another topic on this forum:

"hey i’m havin the same problem with my car goin insane on the hwy when changin lanes and goin through bumps. it does feel like the rear left tire. i took my car to midas and had the guy briefly look at it. he said that the bushings between the struts and the subframe were worn out and i would need new struts or new bushings (almost impossible to find, according to him)

…so i was seriously considerin just upgradin my springs and struts (all four)… if a mere alignment and wheel balancing can fix this then i’d do that but it’d be a waste if i still have the problem and have to get new stuff and redo the alignment and balancing… right?"

Hey, I got 2 TC Rods with bushings left…

if you want those, they’re still available.