Charger SRT-8 way out classed, or NOT?

good point. my buddies 560 has like 250K miles right now… but little stuff seems to break left and right. Very pimp car though… I feel like a diplomat or something riding in it.

my friends and I fight for the back seat opposed to shotgun lol

Yeah, but how many more cars did Dodge+Chrysler sell compared to MB?

Besides that, for that kind of money and all it’s “superior German engineering” it shouldn’t ever have a recall.

Talk about apples to oranges. That’s more like apples to suicide wings. You’ve got to be pretty far out on the enthusiast scale to drive either of those as your daily driver. (puts on flame suit since most people on this site are exactly there on the scale and will now flame me about how livable STi’s and EVO’s are).

number of vehicals has nothing to do with the number of recalls. the more vehicals out there just means they are putting more of the public at risk.

as for the evo sti thing, that was joke

are you guys freaking serious? Saying that Mercedes or BMW are just overpriced cars is really ignorant. Faster doesnt mean shit. Domestic cars still dont compare to MB and BMW. Just because some magazine tested them together doesnt mean dick. MB and BMW quality is leaps and bounds above Cadillac and Chrysler.

Your comments are coming out of your ass unless you have owned or driven MB or BMW’s for extended periods of time… only then you might know what you are comparing to.

And as usual your personality comes off just like the thing reflected in the window of your sig.

Can’t people ever just discuss an interesting car comparo without it turning into a, “my internet cack is bigger than yours and I am the all knowing car master” feud?

Im not trying to be a dick or know it all but the point is that statements like this:

basically tell me that you really have little clue about what you are discussing. Its not about any internet cock or such bullshit, its about
getting certain facts straight. I have driven and had the following cars in my family (that are relevant to this discussion) : 1992 MB 300E, 1994 Lexus LS400, 1997 Cadillac STS, 1999 Cadillac STS, 2002 MB S430, 2003 BMW 760i, 2005 MB ML500. I have driven all of them enough to get a feel for the quality in materials, performance and handling.

I think this puts me in a position to be able to make a EXPERIENCED comparison. You can discuss all you like but dont get offended when someone who knows what they are talking about calls you out on it. Its hard to understand unless you really spend some serious time driving one but the entire experience of owning a $80,000 car VS a $40,000 is very different. Its difficult to describe but trust me on it… you are not paying for a snooty german name.

Are you trying to say that an S500 is feels much better than a GS430? Because the current S-class is a rattling POS.

Actually, I’ve driven both the M5 and M3, the former being my former boss’s car, the later being the loaner the two of us thrashed around the back roads of Lancaster. Along with a brand new 325Ci. Yes, they are amazing cars. But the point was 40k is an amazing difference for a car with similar size, features, specs and performance.

When I said “snooty” I figured just the use of such a word would be enough to let people know I wasn’t being too serious. Your use of, “really ignorant”, “doesnt mean shit”, “doesnt mean dick”, and “coming out of your ass” really aren’t needed here. Seriously, just go have a beer and relax. Save the drama for OT.

Jay, I see what you’re saying. I’m not sure you get $40,000 more worth of car. :wink: Nicer, yes, but 40k? No.

I dont see the charger lasting over 200k. The motor technology just isnt there. Bmw has VANOS and im not sure what MB has. IM sure that the charger isnt as efficiant either. As far as comfort goes, theres a reason why theres such a price difference. Whats the resale on a charger after about 50k?? im sure its more that 65% loss. I huess you would be ok, if you traded them in every 30k however dodge/chrysler hasn’t really came out with a vehicle thats lasts.

i wonder why they used the STS-V instead of the CTS-V. Given the sts-v makes 65hp more, but it is also like 500lbs heavier then the cts-v.

when yu get ALOT of your money back on the resale it is.:slight_smile: whats gunna be the resale on a dodge???

Nothing in our S430 ever remotely came close to rattling so I have no idea what you are talking about. I never mentioned the GS430.

Im not trying to start any drama. Maybe my language is a bit too vivid but what you said earlier came across pretty empty. I agree with you that the 300C is a great value for the money and I do like the car. No question there. I guess different people have different notions of what is worth a extra $40 k to them.
BTW the M3 and M5 dont even break 60K let alone 80. The new 325Ci is 44K at most so these are fair comparisons to the 300C. The S430 and 760i are 70 - 100K so they are not a good comparison.

It mainly plagued the 2000 S-Class. Ew. I think they may have fixed some of the problems since then. At least I hope so.

Not anymore

Re-sale is a good point. With the SRT-8’s being pretty limited production though that may help them on the traditionally poor domestic resale market.

At the end of the day though, the guy looking for an 80k sports sedan is not looking at an SRT-8 and thinking, “wow, what can I get with the 40k left over”. I’m not sure what the demographic is for people buying an 80k sports sedan but I’m guessing most are in social circles where driving a dodge is not acceptable.

For someone like me though, who would like that performance and comfort, doesn’t give a crap what people think of the cars I drive (look at my hated Expedition and laughed at Fiero) and who isn’t yet in the tax bracket that drops 80k on a car it’s still a pretty good deal. Same thing goes for the GTO.

:word: I agree 100%. Honestly, since ive owned my bmw, i dont know how i ever drove anything else. It just makes you feel good.

I never felt that way driving a BMW. I drove an XJ12 once and felt…coddled. yummy. meow. purr. :slight_smile:

i understand where all you guys are coming from…about how “blah blah blah i would rather have a MB than a dodge” etc etc.

well no shit.

I’d rather have a ferrari, rather than a chevy…but the point stands that the new z06 is still in the same class.

and its $100,000 less.

i think the reason car and driver did the review, was to show people how power wise, performance wise etc etc. it can compete with “performace orientated sedans thousands more”.

not whether or not the interiors are nicer, and general reliability.

so to stay with the topic… yes, I would rather drive a $80,000 M5, but in reality, 90% of america, can’t afford one. But I think most established households could afford a $40,000 car nowadays.

And if you are an average person with a family, and you want a performance orientated sedan i think the charger is the way to go. Saving $40k, to send my kids to college, or make home improvements would be a wiser decision.

but if you can do all that and afford a $80k sedan…than all power to you.

holy shit is this your first sensible post?