Chassis Fabrication and Roll Cage

I love watching the 25.5 builds. Ugh so SIQQQQQ

• Updated - - -

Any reason to consider elsewhere? I am hearing from multiple people that his work is great. I am going to call STM and Vitez today.

What do cages normally cost ?

I will report back when all is said and done. But it depends on points and material mostly. Mine will be a lot as i am likely going 8/10pt, window net, chute,door swingouts, moly tube. 4-5 kish if i had to guess

Honestly if you had more time I would say have Mike Eames (friend of mine & moms racer) do it. Best work I have ever seen… Would be way cheaper than 4-5k, except he won’t have time for a couple months. I think the days of paying $100 / point are long gone.

Also… Mark Badazz has a bender, and actually does nice work on cages too.

That is what I thought. I’m pretty sure STM told me 7k with a gutted car. Makes me not want to even race

Yeah im figuring all that extra crap i am adding on will drive the price up. I don’t want to post quotes on here but the prices for just the cage work in moly are very reasonable so far.

Waiting on a call back from STM.
Have numbers from Vito
Talked to Vitez and I think he might come out later to check the car out and quote it.

End of the day if I can get all of it done professionally for a decent price ill take @turbociv advice

Although I know this sounds messed up but I already miss having something to fab/weld/work on so I don’t mind the thought at all of doing it myself either.

• Updated - - -

If that is for EVERYTHING safety wise you will need that sounds in the ballpark. I will see what they say.

I have plenty of fab work that can be done if you’re bored! Car or bike, take your pick. :lol:

Yeah I’m not entirely sure if that included their parachute mount and other stuff. It wasn’t really an invoice pricing just a “roughly maybe this” kind of price

The 6 point in my STi was $2200 providing the car gutted.

where?

Badazz does good work and had done a number of cages

I came in here to suggest Mark (Badazz). Foureyed beat me to it. PM me if you need his number.

You know they expire right? In 2003 you probably had a Snell 95 helmet. Go check. Even a Snell 2000 is no good, that’s why I said to get an SA2010. Good until 2022.

SA Ratings are only valid for 10 years, and in reality the helmet should be replaced every 5, or if it impacts the cage in an accident.

Are you guys really debating helmets :lol:

My current helmet is 1 year old. Anyone want to tell me harnesses have dates next? Or that I need an sfi balancer? or an engine diaper? or you cant have removable door bars faster then 8.5? Or that I need 25.5 if I ever go over 180mph? or fire supression? Or where the bar needs to pass from the hoop to floor? Or that from the hoop to the rear has to be over 30*? Or that on non unibody cars it should be welded to the frame? Or that the plate should be 6x6" on unibody cars?

I would have to believe you must be trolling at this point but my point was that this isn’t the first time I have glanced over rules for drag racing not that I had an 11 year old helmet. Joelster if you want to “help” find me a good deal on a cage. That is what this thread is for.

What kind of shoes do you plan to wear? Is your underwear fireprooof? Come to think of it, you better wear a cup too man. We’re just looking out for you!

Vito did a super half-assed job on my E30 and charged me like 1800 for it. He didn’t even drop the cage through the floor he just put the bars low enough where he could weld them in place. Granted he’s used to dealing with real race cars and probably just thought I was some ricer loser, which is true, but still, do a good job. :bloated:

My cage was done by Jason Staples. 1 and 5/8 DOM tubing. He does a great job. Nothing is pre bent so he can make the cage to whatever specs you want it. I think right now he is really backed up with work though

I am so concerned I actually went home on lunch and got a cup. Figure I should just wear it 100% the time just to be safe. Any idea how long they are good for?

But for real I called your guy yesterday, he called me back right away and said he would come see the car last night and I never heard back. :frowning:
No call back from STM either

Very good feedback and not the first time ive heard this. His price and lead time are excellent but this makes me nervous.

Where is staples out of? The more I think about this the more it seems like a job I should just do myself to be honest. I might hold off until winter, buy my own bender and get after it. We will see.