Chassis Reinforcement

Doba, what is your goal here, you going to be drifting, auto crossing, drag racing?

Just to give us a little idea on where you are looking towards.[/quote]

lol no jus tlooking at possible improvements for the car i can custom make instead of spending money, and seeing what is worth making to improve the handling of the car.

^^ on the money

WERD.

Why spend money to have all these bars going everywhich way.

Get a cage, make sure it’s homologated, drive your car.

yeah, unless your gonna hardcore drift or race you dont need a cage, thats where the bars come in, i wouldnt get anything past strut bars either, if your gonna daily drive your car and not likely to ever go to track to compete in driftmania or race solo or something like that than dont get a cage, its insurance problems if you crash, and can smash your head on it in the worst case, plus your interior in the back has to go… but in the end, cage is the win, but i still dont agree with you guys, chassis is supposed to flex just a little bit, not as much as stock though, for touge racing on mountain passes if your car is mad stiff, than you might not be able to grip some corners too well, just think about it, suspension only flexes certain ways, the chassis plays with the weight transfer

Yeah I don’t see a need for a cage either, I will be going to the track, but not going out to kill myself.

Like TM said the chassis should be as stiff as possible, I’m not gonna go all out here and add 200lb of reinforcements, that’s why I’m looking into which support is best and shows the most results with stiffness.

I have Nagisa fender braces (as seen in many photos) and the tanabe underbrace, similar to the nismo power brace.

they make a significant difference in the feel of the car. BUT they are by no means affordable for the everage joe. Fender braces are roughly $450 Cdn, the tanabe brace is a little better at about $90 Cdn. the underbrace just keeps the traction arm retainers from felxing too much, it doesn’t do much in keeping the car from twisting etc…