Che.40 elbows?

anyone know where to get schedule 40 elbows for a really good price? 1.5" ID

Try P.H.I.
1360 Cardiff Blvd Unit 2
Mississauga, ON , L5S 1P9

Phone: 905-670-0420
FAX: 905-670-0426
they are one of our suppliers we get all our sch80 and sch60 from them great guys and they know there stuff

wait nevermind i’m in work mode still and thinking of PVC not stainless sorry

woolsly electric dude , up the street from your old work, i dont wanna say the prices out loud here though , if u want stainless sced. 40 is way too heavy

hey Hector, I was there last night I know the pricing, its actually 3 dollars cheaper than anything I found here in Mississauga which on a little piece like that is HUGE savings, but I was just wondering if anyone else can get it for even cheaper… Youre right sch.40 is heavy, but reading all the DIY equal length stories thats what everyone seems to be using. NO this is not SS, just regular mild steel.

Stainless top mount will come after this prototype.

No it’s not…

Sch 40 is the only way to go for a SS manifold. A big reason being is that most people can’t weld SS to save there life. sch 10 SHOULD NOT be used for ANY kind of turbo manifold. sch 40 should be your minimum when making turbo manifolds…

^^ yep, back purge the runners the welds will look very good.

^Very good point. Sanitizing is an absolute MUST. When welding ANY kind of SS…

If you don’t do it. the weld be complete GARBAGE!!! Regardless of how pretty it looks on the top.

I picked up my elbows last night, cost me $70 for mild steel, cant wait to get started on the SS where each elbow is over $12 :confused:

out of stainless ? are you out of your fucking mind ? do u even know what sced 40 is? that shit is fucking thick , if ur doing mild then yes, but if its out of stainless?have u ever built a manifold? i dunno maybe you like to have a 85 lbs header , maybe when u have some time u can come by the shop and look at a sced 10 elbow and see how thick they are , i thinkk i have few peices kicking around from the last manifold we built , maybe you should contact , hks, greddy, full race, aps and everybody else that makes turbo manifolds with less than sced 10 and let them know how it should be done, back purgeing is not necessaryin all cases, especially on something as thick as sced 10

any pics of what you guys have built before? yeah ched.40 for SS is way too thick.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

For an NA header than yeah. For a top mount turbo manifold… It’s not…

I"ve posted examples of my welds before. Not an actual work piece though. I don’t waste my time. There’s way to many tards on this site.

the only reason for u to laugh would be because you can’t fit for shit , no gap… no back purge required

^Dude… I’m a pipe fitter and heavy equipment fabricator… I fit for half a week then weld the remaining other half…

I laugh because it’s funny to me… I’ve been doing what I do for a long long while now bud.

There’s always sanitizing required when it’s SS… You do know what happens when there’s no backing gas on SS right…

By the way… FR uses sch 40 on their higher end race manifolds…

The majority of aftermarket turbo manifolds are made from sch 10. Ive never seen a thread about one cracking… i would not use sch 40, but thats just me.

I hear about a lot of Sch 10 manifolds cracking… I’ve seen GReddy and HKS manifolds crack.

The difference between NPS 1 1/2’’ sch 10 and 1 1/2’’ sch 40 is .039’’ of wall thickness.
For anyone who didn’t know.