Cheap snowblower

I’m looking for a cheap snowblower to get me through this winter. As long as it starts and runs, I’m good with it. It doesn’t need to be pretty, and the less safety interlocks/features the better.

I’ve got a vintage 1960’s Ariens I was gonna offload in a few weeks, I bought a 2005 Ariens to replace it. 8 horse, around a 34" auger IIRC.

Trust me when I say this has very few safety features.

Can you grab a picture? Runs / starts good?

i have a little single stage craftsman. very little run time on it. if that interests you let me know. i can get some more info. i know it has an electric start though.

Thanks, but definitely think I want dual stage.

Starts hard, runs great when warm. She’s old and rough but I went three winters with her including most of last season. I’ll take some pics soon.

These are great candidates for harbor freight engine replacements. My 30 year old 8 hp motor quit on me two years ago and I replaced it with a 13hp motor from harbor freight for $300, I laugh everytime I see it throw snow clear across the street.

Best of both worlds here. Self propelled too!

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608030329904038718&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

^ Heh, that’s an excellent idea. The sheet steel used on the old Ariens is heavier than the new stuff.

(In fact I think I even have another vertical shaft engine / snowblower assy (Toro, IIRC) I could possibly throw in. I was going to save it for a go-kart but it’s been sitting.)

I think my dad is looking to unload an older Ariens. I will get in touch with him.