Cheapest place to get HD local?

I need to pick up a couple harddrives today…

Whats the cheapest place? I would assume bestbuy?

wow thats gunna cost a ton lol, to bad you cant wait 3 days and just order off newegg

320GB SATA drives are $79…I think I found a $25 gift card for best buy yay…

I was just curious if there are any local computer shops that might be cheaper.

Sometimes office max/depot will have a decent deal.

Cheapest place would probably be Sams Club

if you live near WS the office depot or something on the corner of Sececa street and Ridge rd is going out of business. everything is 40-70% off. check there. its where the old sears hardware use to be

What kind of hd’s? i just picked up a 500GB USB drive for $120. It’s the slim one and i’d prefer the portability over the large 1TB drive for the same price at bestbuy.

Is anyone at US itek today?

coulda got them at circuit city for cheap.

Go to the sites for best buy, office depot, office max and staples. Look at the local weekly ad and I’ll bet one of them has a decent sale on a 500-750gb drive.

make sure you keep the receipts, and I would go with Seagates.

Check Best Buy or Office Depot/Max.

Usually there is a sale at one place each week.

You can get 1TB single drive externals for $80-90 online…

I dont know how much storage youre looking for, but I see no need to go any lower than 1TB at these prices. Internals are $80-90 on newegg for a 1TB. You can get it overnighted and have it on tuesday for about $10.

VERY ocasionally, BB has very good deals on HD’s that are even cheaper than online. I got a few 1TB’s from BB about a year ago when they were $80! These deals are usually unadvertised, and the price dosent even have a sale tag on it, its just the new normal price is super cheap.

Not sure of any local sales but Newegg.com is worth the few day wait.

Or Western Digital. Stay away from the Maxtor brand.

Seagate owns Maxtor. Western Digital makes a good drive but doesn’t offer the 5 year warranty of seagate. I personally have both brands.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/ericspda/IMG_0557.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/ericspda/IMG_0558.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k159/ericspda/IMG_0559.jpg

Available at your local target… They have SATA’s inside you can pull out, and then you even have a spare SATA enclosure and PSU.

That will void the warranty though.

Not if you put it back in…

<<
>
>

I dont know if those drives have some major tamper proof label, but worst case scenario is you buy another, swap, and return.

No, if you take the drive out, you rip the sticker on the enclosure and void the warranty on the “external hard drive” itself.

Not a huge deal.

BUT… Sometimes you can cash in the bare drive itself to the OEM, sometimes they are under 3 year warranty as internal drives. But some of the manufacturers have gotten wise to this, and they start giving the internal drives external drive serial numbers.

Its a crapshoot. I haven’t dealt with these things daily in 3 years, so some of it may have changed.

An OTA antenna. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucky me I found a $50(thought it was only $25) best buy gift card…ended up grabbing a 500gb drive from best buy…