where to buy external harddrive?

basicly i only have like 1-2gigs still free on my computer. So i figure i should buy an external HD. Where would be a good place to buy one at a good price? Any brands to stay away from?

depends on the size you want.

When I got externals I went on newegg picked up an external enclosure, then just waited for one of the 1000000000 deals out there on larger capacity hard drives. Came out much cheaper.

^^^

what he said… its really easy… just make sure you get an IDE enclosure with a IDE drive or a SATA with a SATA, don’t fuck that up

also pretty much all drives have that 3 to 5 year warranty on them… so almost any brand is ok

check at www.spoofee.com or www.slickdeals.net… just run a quick search for external HD and see what ya get.

so would something like this work?
this hard drive

this case?

i really dont know shit about this stuff so i need help.

no

the case is 2.5"

the drive is
Physical Spec
Form Factor 3.5"

ya didnt even notice that

how about this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817182035

I bought a 320gb external from best buy last week for like $150

should work ok…

only concern is this

• Plug and play with USB 2.0 interface for Mac and windows.
  • Fully USB 1.1 compatible.

not really sure with what they are trying to say there… I think its jsut saying its backwards compatible with 1.1, which if you have a new computer this isn;t a concern for you

i actually found the one badazz bought, and it looks like it will fit my needs just fine, so im just going to pick that up

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=190820

guys I will kill any price on an external hard drive.

Shoot me a PM if interested…

I’ll do it for half price retail, but i can’t get all brands and models. Basically you send me a pm with what size your looking for (size range please), and I’ll shoot you a price if I have one.

They are store overstock or returns, I test them all with hddscan so they work like new.

Should have went to circuit city on black friday… I grabbed a 250 for $40