Check out my Cornhole (boards that is)

I played the game “cornhole” last summer and loved it so I decided to make a set of my own this year, just in time for our party. Here’s a few pictures from start to finish.

Started with 2 sheets of 3x2 3/4 inch birch plywood

Put the frame together with 1x4 pine boards

Cut a 6 inch hole in the boards for the “cornhole,” Not easy BTW

Killed the drill in the process… It still works, but just barely

Used my router to finish off the edges. It makes a hell of a lot of saw dust

How I clamped it to use the router

Staining it… Went with a Dark Walnut Minwax stain (dog wanted to be in the shot also)

Used my paint sprayer to paint the frame. Going for the popular blue and brown look

Got a bit ahead of myself and realized I had to sand down the wood filler which meant I had to sand the entire thing.

Came out okay though.

In order to put the legs on I had to make a template to drill into the frame so it would be equal on all sides. Came out perfect.

Had a vinyl stencil made up so I could paint on the monogram I wanted on the board. I didn’t get any pictures before I painted it though.

With one coat of polyurethane on it, 3 more to go from this point.

Finished product with matching bags that my fiance made

Picture of it in action…

It took me a few weeks of working on it sparingly and about $150 all said and done… Most of the cost was for paint, stain, and polyurethane. Other than that the wood is relatively cheap.

That looks really nice… it is pretty much a bean bag toss game I’m assuming.

I think you can buy them for cheaper than $150 cant you?

looks dam nice though

Should have pinned the top to the sides with dowels then used glue. The screw holes ruin it.

damn, 150 bucks!

You could have bought like every backyard game ever for that. Including Lawn Darts!

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&did=10&product_id=1849

OMG $150 thats sooo much!!!

Yes I could buy one already made that looks as shitty as the one blue eyed devil posted, but for $50 more I chose to make it myself, the way I wanted it to look. I also don’t mind the screw holes because I like the way it looks.

Also, the wood itself costs about $40, it’s the paint, stain, polyurethane, vinyl decal, and 6" hole saw that shoot the price up. Now that I have most of the stuff, the next one would cost about $65.

And for the price of your e30 build you can probably buy a new 1 series. But I’m sure you get satisfaction out of doing it yourself and having something that is uniquely yours.

:fry:

I wasn’t trying to say you wasted your money, I just happened to get that catalog the other day. Custom is always sweet.

Who cut the vinyl for the stencil?

Villardo Printing… on Connecticut by D’Youville. Friend of a friend.

It seems a lil wavy. Did paint get under it or was the sticker like that?

Nice Job

More impressive if you built a shuffle board table.

I stole the monogram off a website and added the P. The picture was very small so when I blew it up, it was all pixelated and very jagged. They tried to smooth it out the best they could and that’s how it came out. I am completely fine with it because I knew that’s how it was going to look and figured it would appear more like I free hand painted it.

That game is really big out here - it’s kind of addictive.

should of got a goatse vinyl instead to go around the hole

Next time you need something like that smoothed out I can do it in cad and it will come out really nice, just PM me.

Saw these first hand. Nicely done!

404 CF not found?

jk jk

Nice, I think I am going to build some boards today,