chevy truck proves worthy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080212/ap_on_fe_st/odd_million_mile_truck

:hsdance: :bowdown:

I wonder how much they’ll pay him for it?

The way he’ll get screwed on taxes, he’d be much better off if they let him “trade” it straight up for the vehicle of his choice.

Thats crazy

That’s incredible.

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904

dont worry… when they go out of business in a year or two, and you guys all have to switch to imports you will enjoy the same reliability. :mullet:

bad ass !

woot

I wonder how many other parts shit the bed other than the drain plug. :tounge:

Glad to see an American vehicle make it that far.

reading > you

besides, all of ur great driving and long lasting imports, made right here in the good ol USA

nice…GM FTW

fuck that ill buy used American
when they start making import REAL trucks, then start makin claims bout GM, Dodge or Ford goin outta business… cause as of yet ive never seen an import truck

who gives a shit about truck specific

This may be the only domestic (truck or otherwise) to EVER reach mileage that high intact. They usually die on/before thier first set of brake shoes…or end up on blocks in front of some double-wide, providing shelter for the douche passed out underneath.

:sadwavey:

GM sold 850,000+ silverado/sierra

the new body style Tundra thats supposed to be so badass sold 196,555… im sure 100k of will probably see about a sheet of plywood in the bed or maybe a boat on the back

as for the Nissan fans…

whos gonna fill that hole… Acura/Honda??? hahaha dont make me fuckin laugh

thats why they wont go outta business.

one problem that is facing GM is the actaully made good cars in the 80’s and early 90’s that last a long time and therefore they didnt get a fast turnover rate of repeat customers… they should have made disposable cars like the import makers.

one of my real estate clients runs a roofing business and has traded in a few full size chevy’s with close to 1/2 million miles (never hit 500, but crossed 400 with the last three) with the orignal motor and trannies… between him and his workers he averaged almost 100k per year on the last one… needless to say, almost his whole work truck fleet is GM (non-diesels at that)

gm needs to eliminate duplication… GMC and chevy trucks need to merge… you don’t need both.

my problem is though… ppl are saying GMs next, Fords next… fact of the matter is how many Titan dump trucks, Tundra tow trucks, how many import trucks do you see with spreaders and plows? until they start makin them… the Silverado/Sierra and F150/250 will be around… so for you American car haters that love stuffin your cock suckers with General Tso’s, get used to us… cause its gonna be along time before you see a Ridgeline with an HD badge on the side of it or the big bad Yota racers towin with there own product :wink:

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/SilveradoTrucktowin.jpg

LOL!!! easy killer. its only february… no need to make your run for meat head of the year award winner just yet.

i’m with you 100% if i was in the market for a truck for the purposes you stated, i wouldnt think twice about an american make. hell, even if i didnt tow a damn thing, if i had the money to afford the payment / fuel i’d drive one in a second.

my point was GM (as a corporation) is in the shitter… if the company no longer exists, they can no longer produce trucks. it really has nothing to do with what nissan or toyota is making. if you ask me, those companies arent producing a heavy duty truck because chevy would kick their ass.

That was for 07’

GMs got ALOT of fuckin money… not that im not saying $10 billion (or w/e it was) isnt alot to lose, this is money needed to be spent in order to stive in the future imo, sorta like an investment… IF they wanna keep making vehicles, this has to be done. otherwise i agree with you, they will be gone eventually

good website. im gonna have to get my buddy to put my old 01’ Silverado on here in 5k more miles