Children and Teen workshops

Here’s something we are thinking of doing; Nationally the percent of children and teens doing and using hands on crafts such as wood working, metal working, cooking & sewing has fallen to nearly ZERO percent in the last 5 years. We believe this to be bad for the future workforce and for mankind in general. Albany Speed Shop (aka Darryl & Melissa Carl) is considering offering seminars/classes/workshops for Parents and Children attend to learn and complete projects using both the mind and the hands. The schools have even dropped shop, cooking, sewing, drivers ed, etc. My boys and families like ours having a growing need for these skills. Is this something that would interest you and your family?

I see this working very well . But ins is gonna be crazy dude . As ya know some parent is gonna freak if a kid gets hurt man .

Great idea, it might be worth looking to work with a school tech class, boy scouts or some other organization like that.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO you need cheap labor?

:rofl wayne

good idea but not sure if its worth the hassles because of stupid parents trying sue if their kid scrapes a knee

Just have their parents sign a release form and start them welding.

In to instruct things on father/daughter night.

YESSSSSSS.

Waivers don’t mean shit anymore , esp to a good lawyer . I think its a great idea . Is have my kids there as they love it .

can i go without even having a kid? id like to learn stuff to lol, deff welding and more about working on cars

i’m fucking in. i wanna make my welds not look like birdshit

i want to sign up for myself also…i have the maturity of a normal kid if that helps.

:rofl So much for kids and parents.

good idea. parents pay for kid stuff…especially skillz

deadass lmao

great idea. when i lived in rochester i went to a couple of schools and taught the basics of atomotive electronics in shop classes. With my background in automotive elec. and being a teacher it worked out very well. I think it should work well. I would spend the first bit just talking over what skills and safety needs to be considerd and then discuss technique before even thinking about doing any work. then maybe a second class for skill work. please let me know if you would want some help running this. I dont have a lot of time but i would be willing to help in any way i can

Thanks all…
Of course the project and skill levels would be based upon age…and we all know age does not determine your skill level, but its the only way we could seperate the stages…

Im not thinking automotive as the focus,Im think life in general…
Some of the stuff for younger kids like mine i was considering are projects like balsa wood cars, make them from scratch, and electronics circut board class where we teach simple about electricity, make a switch work or a light come on with variable intensity…

Im not thinking we will be jumping into welding school or pipe bending 101 anytime soon.

I appreciate the ideas and thoughts… if this happens its some time into the future anyway…lots of planning and advertising to do first…

can you teach me how to douggie?

for a small fee I know someone who can

FIND NOLAN. HE, AND ONLY HE, CAN UNLOCK AND PASS ON THE SECRET OF THE DOUGIE.

so when these classes are going on with children, who will be on the lookout for PJB?