Anyone weld?

Anyone do any welding on the side? I need my exhaust fixed. The exhaust is made for a EG hatch, and Im running it on my EK sedan. It all fit cept for the axle back peice. I had it fabbed to fit, but the muffler sits back too far into the bumper. So, I need it cut and re-hung to fit properly. I could just take it to a shop, but I dont reaally feel like paying out my ass. Id rather have someone who can do it for cheap. Looking at like $40 or so to get it done.

i love it when people name there own price…

i’m going to sumitt to see if i can get that 540 ci motor for like 50 bucks now…

good luck with that exhaust.!!

Just remember you get what you pay for :nod

All it involves is cutting the hangers, and muffler off. Then just re-align them, and weld. If I had a welder I’d do it myself. A guy at work told me he’d do it for $40, but suddenly he’s too busy to do it. So, Im just going by his price…

Just to warn you 90% of the people that “know how to weld” can’t weld for shit. Before you commit to having some weekend warrior perform a botched job, ask to see something else they’ve done, I’ve seen more pathetic welds from self proclaimed expert welders then I want to think about. I know the principals and can make metal stick, but a welder I am not - though I can spot a good(or bad) job very easily.

let me know when you find a good welder. Im gonna need some aluminum welded soon, and i need someone to do it perfect. i know its gonna be a lil pricey tho

Nick - Call Adam Hennessy (PM me for his number) or PM him on rspeed (BoxerSix). No offense to anyone on the boards or in the area but he’s probably the most talented person for welding/fab around.

i dont feel like drivin to lake placid

adam hennessey doesnt live or work in lake placid…

i am not sorry if i came across as a dick!!! CUZ I AM!!!

the last 40$ exhaust job i did turned it to 4.5 hrs of shit!!! with sum 1 standing over me the whole time. which i really dont care if u do or dont. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP IF UR GONNA DO IT!!

OH i could do a 40$ dollar weld job!! BUT THATS NOT SUMTHING I WANT MY NAME
ATTACHED TO.

sum people dont care but i do!! u want a cheap shitty job dont come to me go down the road.

all i am saying is exactly what some 1 else said ur gonna get what u pay for!!! :headbang

anytime any one on here wants or needs a sample feel free to stop buy i weld ya 1 right up. there’s about 15 different type of sample on my bench. but u dont have to look at them. like i said i do it well ya wait. just so u know were the sample came from.

just to give u a lil of my backround. i’ve been welding since i knew what the blue light was ( i know that dont caught for experience) but i use to build high preesure vessels for abc. co. in albany. on top of that i built high pressure vessel for the us military alos for there ships all my welds were x-ray or ut quality for these co’s…

if u dont like my work or not impressed by samples i can refer u to a couple of other people also. but be prepared to get a number and stand in line with ur wallet. there r a few things i am not set up ( not that any of u need that kind of work done!!) for or dont have the time to do so i have very high quality people ready to do the stuff needed!!

yes and i agree with most on here an idiot and a welder r a very deadly combo!!! :wow

I think he’s a member on here too FYI.

Anger management Harold :tong

But I hear ya, to the OP, you’re going to get what you pay for, Broadway mufflers in Schenectady do a really good job for the price you pay and are pretty reputable around these parts. Hank here will weld two cars together if you asked him to do so and is very skilled but also would go by the hour of labor depending.

Timmay also once again has a very valid point with welders over estimating their abilities in skill, there is a reason why Modern Welding school is such a huge success.

Govels Welding would do a good job if you’re on a budget, it’s one of our sponsors and located on Central ave right by 155.

well normal welding rate is any where’s between 65 and 75 $ dollars an hour.

i try to stick to the 65$ mark on normal every day stuff. but if u want to get real wild the price is to!!!

but just too clarify and so every one else knows too. if ur a memeber of a forum that i exist in and thats where u found me. my labor rate does drop. i wont sya how much but i will take car of u!!! if ur not happy i wont suck ur ass but i will do every thing in my power to make u happy. that said just cuz u can’t satisfy every one and i dont own a whore house!!

but like i said if u can prover ur a member i will take car of u!!! and of course the more mention my name and frequent our shop the better things get!! get the point!!!

P.S.as for modern welding BAWAHHHAAAHA!!! if ur looking to take and pass a test go there!! if ur looking how to weld. find a welder to use and old piece of metal. prep it to the best of ur ability. take it and throw that motherfucker across the room!! where ever it lands drag the welder of to it , find the most comfortable postion to weld in with out moving the object 2b welded and weld it!!

wooola. ur learnig a new craft… in the field there is not a nice cozy table , seat and brandy new metal to weld on. in school there is…

oh and vlad anger management only works for people who have anger!!1 i dont have anger i’m a HAPPY MOTHERFUCKER!! u know that pal!!! ;D god dont like quitters also so you’ll never see me there!!! :lol

Im comin to you for my welding needs!

I want Quality. Whatever it may cost me!
I assume you do aluminum right?

Nick…Adam lives in Ballston Spa and welds out of his shop in Rotterdam/Pattersonville.

yes i do alum. inconel, s.s, copper nickle, titanium and magnesium to name a few
mag is not cheap. thats not cuz of my price the price of the wire to weld it… the last time i checked it was forty for a lb.

Im just gonna need some 2" aluminum runners welded to a stock Intake manifold flange
and ligned up for ITB’s
nothin too extencive

ur right next to REV right?

the left!!! :crackup

Harold…
Your spelling and grammar have yet to impress me.

Beside…

not looking for an atta boy on it. i could care less!!
by the time i get to use the computer freely, i could really care less about my spelling and grammar!!!

my just pund buttons wit me fist’s :nod