Choosing the correct fuel pump

Alright, so its time for me to pick up a fuel pump, and Im looking for some guidance as to what I should be looking at.

Im NOT looking for “Get this 'cause its good”, but rather description (or a link to somewhere with good info) of why one fuel pump is better than another, and how much fuel it should flow based on X horsepower.

By far the most common seems to be the Walbro 255lph pump, but there are also Denso, HKS, 300zx TT fuel pumps out there.

Any help would be appreciated!

well all I can say is walbros are cheap and reliable.
I have one in mine and need had a problem, install is straight forwards.
I’ve never heard anything bad from the F.A. guys either.

Best bang for the buck is walbro. The tt pump is good aswell, but from what I heard, there is a lot of buchery to make it fit? :? Keep fuel systems simple.

As for other companies like HKs and such, never knew they provided such products.

Hope that helps

-deez

I know that the 300ZX fuel pumps are needed if you are planing to swap ur motor with a turbo motor, or if you just putting a turbo cuz your car wont run well without one(very sluggish). can you give me some reasons why you want to upgrade you pump in the first place?

Z32 pump needs alot of modifying, which is a pain. I also recall it needs a different sock because the stock one doesn’t fit. The Z32 pump mounts on backwards (rotated 180 degrees).

If your on a budget, go for Walbro. They offers a kit which will mate to the 240.

If you got some extra bones in your pocket. Go for the Nismo (made by Tomei) pump kit. Straight fitment, and probably most reliable.

Oops, sorry I should have mentioned that this the car has an SR. It will be at stock boost levels for now, but it will eventually be putting out more power. I plan on keeping the stock injectors for the time being.

Turns out a friend of mine sells the Walbros, so unless there is a reason I should shell out the extra $, it looks like thats what Ill be going with.

Walbro, $114 at jrp.