fuel system question

I’m starting a turbo build on my 240sx (ka24de) . I was wondering if the stock fuel pump can hold the pressure and how long before it would need to be replaced…this is a budget build. if the car doesn’t run the way i want i’d probably sell it… this is my first rear drive turbo car…the fuel pump is all that stopping me right now…any help will be appreciated.

Disclaimer: LOL this post is only for ppl with sensible responses and experience in the given subject.

Is just over 100 dollars to get a Walbro make this build out of budget?

would the fuel pump from a 300zx work?

new walbro just over 100 bucks… or a used 300 zx one that cost close to that anyway that might fail? just my way of thinking tho.

this isn’t a long term solution…right now with everything i have for a ka-T i’ve only spent 500 bucks…the fuel pump is the most expensive part… I’m documenting the build for later reference…just to see how cheap it can be…that 500 includes manifold,safc2,injectors(370cc), intercooler,rising fuel regulator…I want to see on such a modest budget how well the car will perform… plus next year i’ll be throwing in my freshly build rb25det… so blowing it up isn’t a problem…

canadiandrifter did the same thing, budget junk yard turbo kit. He used stock fuel pump successfully for a few years. The only problem your going to face is if you turn up the boost as your fuel pump will not be able to keep up. It makes sense to upgrade to a walbro, because essentially you upgraded your injectors, makes sense to upgrade the fuel pump.

Can be done, not recommended as a walbro is a little over 100 dollars. You can use it in your RB25DET project as well.

first your disclaimer does nothing for stupid questions searching is good its been covered so many times.

That said a walbro is your best plan for the buck but a 300zx and I believe a gtr pump also works though its loud.
I would strongly advise againts using your stock pump because not enough fuel equals blown motor

Mael

I think it is always a good idea to do a bit of research ehh? you have the POWER! research who is answering your questions by reading thier info, sites or posts.

The 300ZX fuel pump is solid and will do the job, it may be hard though to find a low milage one. The walbro will do the job as well but I personnally think they they are not worthy, I have a good amount of track time and good amount of experience pushing cars and the walbro is not fail safe.

If the the fuel pump is in tank don’t worry about the noise, if it is not then good luck they will all be annoying.

My 2 cents

Drew:cool: