Chris wants a new car.

Enough of this Chevy Prizm bullshit. Someone hit me in the parking lot at work and I’m not putting any more doll hairs into it. I want a fun DD, I’m okay with impractical as I don’t give a shit if I can’t fit people in my car. Get your own ride lol.

-I want something RWD.

-Budget ~ $7,000 or less.

-Absolutely nothing with rust.

-Must be standard.

-No crazy miles but I’m not opposed to higher miles as long as it’s in good shape.

My thoughts are…

Miata?

Some sort of BMW? (3series, 5series)

Thoughts?

E36/E46

Using IanK as a unit of measure - They can take a lot of IanKs

Miatas are great and all but as a daily with winter / lack of room / road noise - :tdown: - I’d take the bmw.
Edit- I take that back. NB with a hardtop.

240?
Q45?
Crown Vic?
Roadmaster?
MR-2?
Cherokee?
Fox Body stang?
LS1 Camaro!

Yea I got my e46 for 5k, put about a grand into it so far fixing maintenance things.

e39’s are around 5-6k too. http://buffalo.craigslist.org/ctd/2825331313.html

I love E39s SO MUCH! But my non M was pretty slow. Still loved it so much though.

Fbod!

E46 seems to be the winner here. Just make sure the subframe issues have been taken care of

E46 I would want in the coupe. I’d take an e36 in sedan though, either or.

Aren’t old BMW’s bitches for maintenance costs?
What about a first gen G35 coupe? I still think those are hot.

Myth

My E39 was super cheap when I needed parts

Parts are easy to come by, so I’ve been told.

I’d love a 5series with the m-sport package but they are rare to find around here.

Outside of radiator and waterpump - rather bulletproof.

Chris, my dads e36 is about 1/2 the cost of my e46. However my e46 is so much nicer of a car and they can be had in your price range.

I bought my car with 14xk miles and did some preventative maint, had the subframe repaired when bmw was doing it, and then have been driving the hell out of it. Im at 205k now and wouldn’t hesitate to drive to cali and back in it.

Kinda on the slow side, but rwd + manual trans + heated leather seats = awesome dd even in the snow lol.

E46 here and love every bit of it for a daily driver…great cars, easy to maintain, etc. Fits all your parameters with ease!

My e36 sedan has been cheaper than my civic to repair in over half the instances and it’s really easy to work on. I wouldn’t want to drive it in the snow without lsd though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110822631677&viewitem=

Z3 with 196k on it , lol.

e46…

i couldnt stand my e36 after 6 months of daily driving it

Yea, e36’s are just another bastard child of the 90s

You never got back to me about my friend Mark’s MR2…you seemed interested…

Joe, I totally forgot about that!!

Well, he’s still got it, so just let me know…