Christmas Dinner buffet?

Anyone have any suggestions? I’m looking for something nice, traditional and somewhere that I can take my parents. They will be in town, my in-laws only do Xmas Eve dinner and we don’t have room at our house.

I will be 38 almost 39 weeks pregnant and not really up to cooking the whole traditional thing anyhow. Just looking for something easy–like having someone ELSE cook :slight_smile:

I understand your predicament, however, I can tell you that as someone who used to wait tables and was forced to work christmas eve, I would have absolutely hated you. I always said that it was only because people go out christmas eve that I was forced to work…didn’t even get any customers. That being said, my wife is pregnant and if she were in your situation, I would simply do the cooking myself. I do anyway because she’s tire all time now. Just saying if you find a place, watch out for disgruntled employees that are mad to be working on christmas eve. They my spit in your food.

We will have in-laws visiting and need dinner for 12. So my wife is picking up food from HoneyBaked Ham. Ham and 2 sides is something like $60.

That doesn’t solve the space issue of your house, but at least you wouldn’t have to cook.

Well having been in the restaurant industry for 15+ years I would have said that you probably didn’t have any place in the hospitality industry :wink: It’s not for Xmas eve, it’s for Christmas dinner. We don’t have ROOM in our house to do dinner (we don’t table or a dining room–it’s an office) it’s a teensy house, and my husband doesn’t cook. That being said…

Anyone have any helpful posts to make?

Well having been in the restaurant industry for 15+ years I would have said that you probably didn’t have any place in the hospitality industry :wink: It’s not for Xmas eve, it’s for Christmas dinner. We don’t have ROOM in our house to do dinner (we don’t even own a table or have a dining room–it’s an office) it’s a teensy house, and my husband doesn’t cook. That being said…

Anyone have any helpful posts to make?

Yeah we don’t even have a table LOL! :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion…

my best friends family always goes to nemacolin woodlands, I know from personal experience the spread they put out is nothing short of amazing

u
:smiley:

I used to go up on the mountain with my family…Oakhurst tea room or the Smorgasborg right off Donegal exit… I cant rmember the name of it right now. but they had good food.

any Chinese restaurant, break the tradition

FAH RAH RAH RAH RAH RAH , RAH RAH RAH RAH

dont know of any places…just wanted to say your getting close!!!

A few years ago Jodie and I dined at a Mexican restaurant on christmas eve. There were a few big family parties there.

I dont think she wants to take her family to McDonalds. I never minded working on Christmas Eve or Christmas. Always got good tips.

Thanks everyone, we actually made a reservation at McCormick & Schmicks in Southside…should be nice.

And yep Laura, 2 weeks left till my EDD! EEK! :slight_smile:

ill be there 2 weeks after you! lol

I am there during christmas buffet