CIRCUIT CITY and price guarantee question

So I bought a 42" Plasma on 3/11 for $1499.00. I look on their website and it is now $1199.00 but not available. So 17 days later it is 300 cheaper. Do you think I’ll be successful after work today in getting them to credit the 300 ?

I would go in and mention it to a manager. That I can see there being a 30 day limit to something like that. You can still take it back for credit then re buy it if they are assholse about it.

[quote=“RobHimself,post:2,topic:26672"”]

I would go in and mention it to a manager. That I can see there being a 30 day limit to something like that. You can still take it back for credit then re buy it if they are assholse about it.

[/quote]

I called the store and they don’t have anymore in stock but he did say they were selling for 1199.00. We’ll see…

Good luck dude, thats a pretty signficant amount of cash that you can get back.

after working at both circuit city and best buy ive learned you can get pretty much whatever you want if you’re willing to hang around and bitch all the way up to the store manager if need be.

^^^ very ture

I called, they said they will refund the difference. From their website:

Q: Will Circuit City match its own prices?
A: Yes, if you purchase an item from us (in-store or on circuitcity.com) and we advertise the same item at a lower price within thirty days of your purchase, we will refund you 100% of the price difference. Bring the advertisement and your original sales receipt to your local Circuit City for the refund.

most places do that only if the item is in stock, but since the company is so huge, they have to have it in stock somewhere, you should be fine. good eye.

what did you get?

[quote=“newman,post:8,topic:26672"”]

most places do that only if the item is in stock, but since the company is so huge, they have to have it in stock somewhere, you should be fine. good eye.

what did you get?

[/quote]

Panasonic 42" Plasma

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:9,topic:26672"”]

Panasonic 42" Plasma

[/quote]

for that price, i assume it’s 720?

will you get cash or store credit?

whatever he paid with, and if they can order the TV they should be giving you the difference its not like its discontinued. Good deal on the tv and good pick.

so how do you like the TV so far?

btw, i gotta come get that sign still…

PS its guarantee

[quote=“66impalass,post:14,topic:26672"”]

PS its guarantee

[/quote]

lol…I work in the “Guaranty” building downtown. I type it all day.

As for the TV, CC credited me $325.00. :tup:

The TV is a TH-42PX60U. Specs:

Product Features

• 42-inch HD TV with integrated NTSC/ATSC/QAM tuners
  • 16:9 Aspect ratio
  • 1024 x 768-pixel resolution; 10,000:1 contrast ratio; motion adaptive 3D Y/C comb filter
  • Connections: 3 composite A/V (1 front), 3 S-Video (1 front), 2 component (Y/Pb/Pr), 2 HDMI, 1 SD memory card slot
  • Two stereo speakers, 10 watts apiece (20 watts total)

Sounds like a damn good deal…

They have the display model available on the wall for 1097.00 if anyone needs one.

Nice,I’ve been trying to roll up the rim and win one of those for almost a month now :rofl:

nice, I definitely want one of these but I just cant bring myself to spend the cash on it.

i still am trying to figure out what the title means.