Flatscreen TV Thread (Title changed)

Where should I go to get a TV? Can’t go to both cuz they close at 9 and its 7:30 right now.

Best Buy or Circuit City?

best buy

Circuit City

Or find out the price of the tv at both locations then price match. Also find out Sears price too.

stereo advantage.

support the locals.

yeah we price match at sears an then take 10% of the difference

what do you want?

newegg

I’d do some shopping around before you buy locally.

:awesome:

www.savinglots.com

if u want a TV @ CC PM me and i can help u out

I’m guessing he needed one today, right away…

seriously dude.
stop in and ask for me (Dan Hagen)
i will direct to one of our TV sales men

and circuit nor best buy can touch our warranty

EDIT: we price match anything.
and you can get 18 months 0% interest on almost all sony TVs from us as well
super good deals and free stands with a lot of bigscreen right now as well

im out of the TV business… but seriously your warranty is the worst in the business… if u want i can go on and on and how bad it sux etc

lets see… its not nation wide so you need to stay in buffalo to get service

your “lifetime warranty” on a television is only 5 years

it only covers service unless u pay for 10% of the price of the tv to cover parts.

it does nto cover LCD projection or DLP bulbs which bb, CC, and rosas do in writing

if you dont have the recipt your SOL

if you dont have the box, original manual, and packing materials your SOL

if at the sole discrescion of Stereo advantage they dont want to fix it they are onyl required to refund your warranty registration fee

i can go on

:word:

Stereo Advantage warranty service suxs.

you come see me at sears get a warranty 3 or 5 yrs you can keep the shit at youre house we come to you, you get rental re-imbursement if you are without a tv , can have a once a year prevent-maintence, no charges to you an we do run specail with 0% for 18 mos too. You dont get charged back intersest too on youre sears card either. If the shit cant be fixed you get the value towards another tv, oh btw if you lose the recepit we still got it on file just give us the phone number an we can look it up. I can touch youre warranty an beat it too

So I found out that 1 hour wasn’t really enough time to make a 1500-2000 dollar purchase…lol.

So, lets do this first:

LCD or Plasma?
Brands to consider/brands you wouldn’t touch with a 20 foot pole
Features that are important.

When I go out again, i’ll PM whoever offered to help me out. I’ll stop at circuit city and sears. But I think if I can find the tv significantly cheaper online, thats where i’m getting it.

uh, i hate to plug the place i work for, but we process circuit city and bestbuy store returns. We get a ton of their shitty tv’s and most of them work.

fortunaenterprises.com, then click ebay auctions.

You can get one helluva tv for very cheap.

You can pick the shit up if you feel like cruising to the bailey industrial area.

got any other brain busters.

LCD FTW. i like the look. although you do pay more/inch for it, i think its totally worth it
Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba

whether you decide LCD or plasma. any are a great choice.

I love You.

wow… thast seriously the worst retort ive ever seen

yes you fix stuff for circuit city, lifetime service center is the only authorized center in the area…

Advertising a lifetime warranty and then saying its only 5 years does a serious disservice to the customer, and i know you get away with it because you called your service center lifettime

And yea your warranty is still less then circuits or best buy… because it doesnt cover as much.

So your telling me covering the bulb as part of the extended warranty is retarded… wow yea it is regular wear and tear… but when you add the price of your warranty to the cost of ONE bulb replacement the stereo warranty is MORE then bb and CC… hrm…

GO READ YOUR WARRANTY BROCHURE… its in there that you have to have the original box, packing materials and manuals for service… ive seen it first hand, its in the lil 3 page brochure… go read it… i had several at circuit city when i worked there and would always show that to customers… so go read it and let me know

guess what… @ BB and CC and rosas and even sears… if the tv is no longer fixable they will replace it with a model of like features and quality of what you paid… now that seems like something alot more customers are willing to pay for so they arent stuck in the cold with a broken tv and 200 bux back for a worthless warranty

how pissed would u be if u blew your engine on your car and audi went EHH its gonna cost ust too much to fix so here is the money back for the warranty… OUR BAD