Circuit City Forced to liquidate

Looks like i got out just in time

so will that mean we will be buying stuff on the cheaps?

:word::eekdance::run::nerd:

ugh. sucks.

Liquidation companies will mark everything up ridiculously high before they apply any discounts. You won’t save hardly any money.

There were a few news channels here reporting on how they literally placed price stickers over old ones on a lot of merchandise, and at times we’re near 2x the original price. They pealed back multiple stickers showing that you could get the item cheaper when linens n things was selling it.

The deal is, CC will sell everything to a liquidation comany and walk away from it. The liquidation comany then marks everything up and applies their “40-70%” off, and you still pay near full price after they have bought it from CC for dirt cheap. But in the end CC gets to stop spending money and they just cut their losses and liquidation comany banks MAD loot.

So we will see one of them go in Buffalo probably… my guess is Cheektowaga

Lancaster?

sry edit

haha k, i was confused!

paging lafengas…lets buy up some cheap shit below wholesale

But yeah, 30,000 more people about to be out of work, sweet. and cheap shit once they get to 90% off and everything good is gone :tdown:

i got rid of my stock right before it really tanked and lost about 150$ luckily, i just bought a laptop from there and saved 125$ over best buy!

Hmm probably should use the 18 dollars I have on store credit soon.

I like CompUSA when they closed. You could by desks, shelves, anything that was in the place. LOL

This liquidation will likely be the same.

Even at liquidation prices most of the quality stuff will still cost more than you could buy it online for. By the time they get to the big 75+% off what will be left will be garbage.

So i should push my tv down the stairs in the next day or so before I can no longer cash in on the accidental warranty coverage and get the new model?

Bingo

TV’s never recieved accidential damage coverage AFAIK… so you better re read YOUR warranty…

that being said, the warranty is handled by a 3rd party… the only way this effects your extended warranty is now you cant go escalate your issue with the warranty company with circuit city

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/16/news/companies/circuit_city/index.htm?postversion=2009011611

The company said the sale would begin Saturday and run until March 31, pending court approval.

"it will liquidate 567 of its US stores "

Is that all of their stores? How many stores do they have?