Circuit City Forced to liquidate

thats what i was wondering too

EDIT:

sounds like that is how many are left after the last number of closings

Maybe the reporter screwed up, but I swear the lady just said on TV (CNN) that ALL the stores were done…

EDIT… 683.

Yeah, they started doing full coverage on tv’s. I got hooked up with the employee discount and the full warranty for 50% of it’s cost too. I told them I was leaving and they told me that I should buy the TV that day, and made the offer way too sweet to pass up.

they had 683, they closed 150 already in phase 1… all CC stores are done for by end of march

what about “the city” stores that have been popping up?

they did this a few months ago with the CCs here

LOL I deff called this on the closing thread

hmm, what kind of worthless crap do I need to buy…

already working deals with them. Some of the good lots are just way too big for me. Plus i’m still trying to find a place to store the inventory i’m awaiting delivery for. have a 3 month wait before we can expand into the adjacent warehouse.

OT- Lafengas what was the site that linked to what you were selling again?

They are closing all the stores, even “The City” stores, they are all the same company.

Brian, for a little while they did have accidental coverage on their tv’s, I think it was after you left. All warrentys will be covered by assurant claims which is underwritten by GE. The fine print has the contact info for them, but I imagine they will be sending out letters to everyone.

I have till the end of March then I no longer receive a paycheck, WHERE IS MY BAILOUT!!! (thank god for universal healthcare)

Liquidation FTL. Nothing like paying too much for something. Doubt they will have anything decent when it’s actually worth going.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can use gift cards during a liquidation sale? If so there are deals and deals to be had here.

CC website answers all this …

this shit is making me nervous.

i doubt that best buy is going anywhere anytime soon

let’s hope not, but there’s a lot of similarities between what was happening to circuit city a few years back and what’s going on now. i’m only slightly nervous though. it will get worse for us before it gets better, but i think things will calm down and business will pick up again eventually.

Sucks if you have a cc gift card, I’m sure the stuff available after the liquidators come in will be crap

BB wont go anywhere,they’ve got the market now.Maybe they’ll have more competition if Fry’s opens more stores.

:word: Thats alot of retail jobs, supply chain jobs, etc.

:word: Dont get too excited.

If anyone’s interested, the pricing hasn’t gone up at all. Everything in the store as of right now is atleast 10% off the original price unless noted otherwise, SALE price are as marked, and most accessories are 30% off. CD’s, DVD’s, etc are 20% off as of right now. I guess this is just how things are gonna be priced for now until the liquidators get in and change more stuff around. I’ll post when I find out more info.