Circuit City = Done

The rest of the stores that have not already been closed are now under private liquidation.

Now we can expect Best Buy prices to be more ridiculous than they already are. I truly feel raped anytime I buy something at BB.

http://www.wpxi.com/money/18495772/detail.html#-

sounds like im going shopping

If a salesperson even talks to me, I wanna cave thier face in…Val can attest to that. Shitty merch, legally retarded employees (not you Joe), 'nuff said.

I think this will be private liquidation. I’m sure they will get a decent percentage of what they paid for consumer electronics. I’m sure that some things will “be on sale” to the public though.

odd, i thought all the stores around here did pretty well all things considered. Guess not.

x2 from the looks of the one in Monroville I see ATLEAST 5 more cars in the parking lot now a days.

I dunno, for a long time I will rarely see any cars in the CC parking lot. They always seemed to have stuff when BB was sold out. Sucks to see, but looks like I might have to go scoop some stuff up.

The first one of you guys that makes it to one of the stores, report back with whether or not it’s even worth it to pick some not-so-needed stuff.

My sister works at the Monroeville store, and we both have worked at the Ross Park store for years…

Shame, they were a good company to work for… had salespeople that actually cared (mainly because they were paid well), I left before they let all employees making over $10 an hour go… thats when things started downhill.

As far as I know… no liquidation sales have begun, as this news just came out today.

who the fuck buys anything from Best Buy anyways? I’‘ll go there if i’'m by it and i need something small, but for any significant purchase you can ALWAYS find a better deal on the internets.

Great. Best Buy has now officially monopolised the consumer electronic market. At least I have the Internet to buy from. I will never give that shitty organisation another cent of my money.

I worked there for 2 years before they went to hourly as well.

~Jack

I worked there for 5 years or so… CC went downhill when they stopped selling appliances. Corporate CC just sucked, they made one bad decision after another. I am glad they are gone, now I don’t have to listen to there lame stories on plane rides to Richmond.

This is very true. I don’t understand how they make so much off of some of the stuff they sell. I’ve been tempted on a number of times to stop people looking at RAM or Thumb Drives and send them to one of the many online stores to get i for half or even less.

so any news to what they are doing with their extended warrenties?

extended warranty goes through a private company… there should be no issues. everyone had to change the way they offered services plans after Sun went out of biz

I can believe that. I went to the McKnight CC last year, cash in hand, looking to buy a new HT receiver. The guys working there were too busy talking to each other to bother with me(i wanted to hear some of them). even when i interrupted their conversation, they still wouldn’t help me. One guy said"just a minute sir, i will be right over. 10 minutes later they were still BS’ing. I walked out, went home, and ordered one online.

HAHA… this is no surprise at all, I know all of the guys in TV’s out there still and I can see this.

liquidation begins tomorrow.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/33343

Radio Shack FTW???