Civic once again drinking my MONEY!

OK so for a while the front end seemed loose and I kinda kept putting it off. Well I hit a golf ball in the road and the tire felt like it came off, it didnt though. So after work let me go from my shackels…i took the civic to my mechanic. He said the Inner tir rod on the driver side has about 1" of play…the pass side is OK.

I shock both wheels with the car in the air and YUP drivers front wheel shock back and forth while passenger wheel stayed tight…LIKE IT FRIGN SHOULD.

QUESTION: How hard is it to fix myself. He said about 1hr labor which would be around 50BUX…should i takle this or let him do it. The part is only $20bux

CAR: 1994 Honda Civic EX Automatic 2dr

Thanks guys

tie rods are easy to do u just need a pickle for which are like 20 bux to buy or rent one from autozone…u have to count all the turns that the tie-rod threads on to get it close enough to drvie for a couple of days until u can get an alignment…which i recommend u do since its ur DD and u dont want to kill tires

20-30 beans for the part. as long as the end comes off the rod its an easy job. if it doesnt, it will make you swear alot; however, i have only seen that happen once or twice.

Hmm, $70 bux replaced by a mechanic doesnt exactly sound like its “drinking all you money”

Do a search on honda-tech and tackle it yourself

20 bux on a haynes manual or 10 bux on Ebay for the Factory Service Manual is also a good investement

come to think of it, i dl’ed the manual from here