Civic Owners

I need your assistance. I am looking for an intake for a 99 Civic. I was thinking an SRI since it will cause less problems for the kid I am getting it for. Trying to avoid hydrolock mostly, that is why I am leaning towards an SRI.

Anyway, can someone give me some advice on what are the better companies, either SRI/CAI, where to look, places with the cheapest prices, etc. I assume AEM is still the most possible?

This is by no means the start of some ricer project, but I know he wants to get into cars and this would be a good starting point for a 19 year old with his first car.

Thanks.

SRI’s are all well and good, but there are better (more pricey) options. A simple 3" SRI tube with a velocity stack on the end, mated to a K&N filter will do great, but shift the powerband higher in the rpm range. Ideally a pressurized box can provide the best of lower end torque and high rpm power, like a Mugen, or a Comptech setup.

What do those run?

Well…

1. Ebay SRI = 20
    Velocity Stack = 30
    K&N filter to fit = 40

total = 90 bucks…not too bad

1. Mugen = 799 new at kingmotorsports.com

2. Comptech = 250ish when you can find them.

There are a few other options that can be achieved using a pressurized box and combination of stock pieces. For example you could use an OEM Acura NSX box with the resonator outlet cut off, throw in a Apexi v-stack filter and connect it to a cheap SRI and make more midrange than an SRI alone. If it’s the b16a2 motor in this car, you could pick up an OEM ITR intake (just the box and arm) and use that…tons of options is what I’m getting at.

Yeah…don’t have that much to spend since I was let go from my job last week. Plus, this isn’t going to be the beginning of some massive engine build. This is more like a fun, abeit cheap, add-on to his car for a little power and noise I guess.

That is why I was thinking I could pick up an inexpensive AEM somewhere. At the same time, I don’t want to buy some POS eBay special that fuks up his engine.

Maybe I am making this more complicated than it needs to be.

best option, right there ^ you can actually get a blox velocity stack (same as BPI) from www.weaksauce.org for i think $36 and the filter is $25.

your best thing to do is just get a cheap ass short ram intake , stick on a velocity stack , k&n filter…

cheapest and best solution