clearcoat help

hey guys…

in your professional opinions, answer me this:

what is the best way to strip clearcoat off of a carbon fiber hood?

what i’m hoping is that there is some universal method to use to get it off, hopefully i don’t need to contact the manufac. and see what the makeup of the hood is and talk to them about it.

basically i went and bought a hood yesterday, drove out to harrisburg and picked it up… it’s pretty nice, but the clearcoat looks like ass and seems to be thin.

it seems like someone tried to ‘fix’ the clearcoat, because there are circular smears all over it… in the long run, i’m going to paint it to match the car (anti-rice) because i think carbon fiber on a silver car = :greddy:

but i’d like to run it for a week or two without it looking too shitty… so i was going to strip it and either re-clear coat it… or just toss it on the car.

let me know what you guys think i should do.

Thanks.

they make a stripper,but i dont know if it CF safe?

im not sure about c/f. maybe call volkers autobody , he does that shit for the hybrid crew.

i don’t know if calling somewhere to ask them how to do their job for free is going to work out very well? :dunno:

Originally posted by turbovw18
i don’t know if calling somewhere to ask them how to do their job for free is going to work out very well? :dunno:
jeff’s cool,he’ll tell u!!!:cool:

the consensus so far is a ‘light’ rubbing compound…

we’ll see if anyone else has a suggestion.