Clunking in the front of the 180

I’m getting some clunking coming from the front left wheel, I changed my tie rods but it’s still making noise. Any suggestions of what else it could be?

Coilover? When mine blew out, the tube actually seperated from the rest of the body and would clunk over bumps.

Sorry, didn’t specify, it only clunks when I turn the steering wheel. Doesn’t make noise going over bumps or any of the sort.

Steering rack?

mine does the exact same thing randomly. for me, it is my coilovers.
not too sure why, but it does it anyway. like you only when i turn, and when its jacked in the air, nothing unless i put pressure under the wheels.

i was told its my steering rack from just trying to ezplain it to a mechanic, but my clunk is a springy/clunky noise.

I’m thinking it’s my coilover and the spring because it made that sound last year when I re-adjusted the height, but went away, it’s been making that sound for a couple of months now, before there was some play in the left wheel but after replacing the tie rod no more play at all…

What size rims are you running? check to see if there’s any rub marks on the inside lip of the rim. Mine was doing the same thing only when I would turn. problem was that the collars (or jam nuts) came loose and the spring had worked its way down (about 1/4") until it would rub on the rim. (running 9" +20 on fronts). cranked the collars back up and tight and no more problems.

I know it’s not my rims 'cause it was making that sound with my other wheels as well, my previous wheels were 16 x 6.5 +38 and my current rims are 17 x 7.5 +38

hmmmmmm

From The PDM Racing website Not sure if you are hearing this. I think that I heard this in my car. I have since replaced my upper mounts with Cusco.:

Nissan S13 Front Top Bearing Mount Insulator

S13 Front Top Bearing Mount Insulator

Does your front end pop, clunk and make grinding noises when you turn the wheels. When you are backing up out of your driveway, do you hear a violent metallic “POP” noise? Replaced your TC Rod bushings and still hear a clunk up front? Chances are, your top spring perch bearings are gone, and you are hearing the clunk of the bearing or the spring actually releasing as it winds itself up due to the bearing not allowing the spring and suspension to rotate through the 240SX’s proper swing. Dirt, grit, water all attack this actual bearing inside the mount and we see this situation time and time again on cars that come through our shop. Solution, change the entire unit today with an OEM top spring bearing mount insulator. This unit is a bearing mounted inside of metal cup that is surrounded by rubber to help isolate road noise, vibration and allow deflection of the spring assembly as your car’s suspension is turned and twisted. Over time, the bearing is attacked by water, grime and dirt, and the rubber breaks down from heat, salt and freezing. If the bearing seizes, it will not allow the shock assembly to rotate smoothly, and binds the spring

OEM Nissan S13 Front Top Bearing Mount Insulator 54320-35F00 ……. MSRP $112.33 Sale $91.66 CAD each