cluster help s13

hi

i have a 89 coupe, with a s13 black top sr
the original cluster has poor connection, the speedo comes on and off according to bumps on the road

so earlier i brough a JDM digital cluster, i pluged everything in, nothing worked including signal, tach, and speedo, even my s-afc wouldnt turn on after only thing worked i think was the fuel meter. after i swap the original one back in, it everything works fine

the cluster had an o/d(over-drive) light on the right along with other lights. so it could of possibly came off an automatic, would that effect it?

so has anyone have this problem before?

help is appreciated
thanks alot all!!

prob got a shit cluster… and u may have to doa little research on JDM wiring VS USDM wiring… i know ORIGINAL JDM Kouki tails have to be wired in with a custom retro fit… JDM isnt always Plug and playwith our USDM…
no auto cluster dont mean jack… over half the SR swaped 240’s have been converted to 5spd from automatic

yeah possibly a bad cluster i picked up, where can i get some information about this?

thx

It could also be the harness, had that problem in the past tried a few clusters but it turned out to be the harness