clutch help.

hey guys i was wondering witch new clutch to get for my 1995 s14 . i want something that is not going to be way to hard to push to floor. i also want to put on the nismo slave, pivot, and steel line. thinking of going with act street strip and fidanza fly wheel. do you guys think with that setup it will be very hard to get the clutch down or just fine. if you have a better suggestion please let me know.

I suggest u go to eurodrive in burlington (905-639-7873), they will make u any clutch u want and it takes about 2 days for them to make it.

Plus side is if anything goes wrong, Ur dealing 1 on 1 with a small company and not shipping it away to god knows where for warranty.

I got a 6 puck ceramic clutch with “stage 1” pressure plate for my sr. Literally took 2 days and costed me 400 said and done including resurfacing of my flywheel. Peddle feel is pretty much stock and there easily good for 400+whp.

Hope that helps

i have had Centerforce Stage 1 and Dual friction currently … and i like them a lot.

if u plan on going ka turbo then get the Dual friction … if u want something better than stock get the Stage 1.

There isnt really any need to get the Nismo slave ( unless u have a 3 puck /6 puck or heavy duty clutch)… The oem is fine.

The stainless steel clutch line is a good idea.

I’ve read some reviews on the Centerforce Dual friction. Apparently it’s very difficult to slip, and it engages extremely harsh. Is this consistent with your experience?

Sorry for the threadjack, there aren’t enough clutch threads around lol. It’s unknown territory to me since I just got a 5spd. swap.

you wanna make sure your cool with harsh engagement, cause it can be a bitch for daily driving and in traffic related situations.

6 puck has less harsh engagement than a 4 puck from what I’ve heard. But unless your pushing lots of power over 300-400hp+ from a stock car that was with 150-200hp to begin with then you won’t need to get yourself involved with a harsh engagement clutch.

***Clutch Masters seems to be one of the experts for stockish feel of the clutch pedal and good hold of power, in the end it’s all about the pressure plate.

machine the stock flywheel…get a stage 1. done.

wouldn’t a light weight fly wheel be better then the stock one and for clutch its more for daily needed then track use but what the kick when i need it.

wouldn't the light weight fly wheel be better then the stock one and for the clutch i need some thing more for daily then tack use but want the kick to be there when needed. also plan soon after one going to work on the engine

get a clutch to hold your goal torque. done and done. lightened flywheel is nice, but not needed at all.

in many cases, a lightweight flywheel has it’s advantages and disadvantages…

faster rpm response, and I believe there’s torque loss in the low end, also the powerband can be affected…

lmao, Gran Turismo 2 teaches everything, but I forget the best combo for a lightweight flywheel…google it!

so do you think the act street strip should be ok like a little more stiff is ok but not too much. and i hope the nismo steel clutch line and slave wont make it more hard to push

a slave and ss flex line will not make the peddle stiffer