noob clutch help!

so - i think i fried my clutch. the clutch was a bit weak when i got the car, now pretty much any acceleration given with the clutch engaged barely moves the car.

I’ve never had a clutch go on me, and i’m pretty sure thats what has happened - the car smells like burnt clutch when i try to move it. the pedal doesn’t feel any different than it did before.

anyway, if there are no sounds, rattling or anything weird happening other than the car not moving; am i safe to go with the gut feeling of the pressure plate and flywheel being okay?

next question - i want to get a decent clutch, not a stock one as i am planning on slowly making the car faster and perhaps dragging it.

which company makes decent street/strip type clutches for a good cost? not looking for top of the line, but i do not want stock. thanks. also, if i get a different type of clutch do i need a new flywheel/pressure plate?

btw its for my 92 supra.

id say its your clutch, and you mite wanna get your flywheel resurfaced before putting another clutch on.

as for good clutches, i really love exedy. stage 1 or 2. bot are amazing

i found exedy clutches and pressure plates on ebay, but ive heard ebay sells alot of fakes. how much can you normally get a clutch and pressure plate for? anyone want to link me to a reputable dealer within canada?

Is your motor a 7mge?7mgte? or 1jzgte?. If its turbo, i will say get a 6 puck clutch for the r154 tranny

7mgte

do you need anything different if you get a 6 pad clutch?

lol, can someone tell me the difference between all these clutch types, ie - street, 4pad, 6pad?

email me @ skill_matik_ghanian@hotmail.com , we can talk more about the clutch options for the 7mgte

hey hows the rep for f1racing clutches?
found it on ebay.

exedy clutches are extremely reliable.

i’ve installed about 3 dozen over the last year. no come backs. no complaints.

i order my clutched through J.R.P in missisauga on south sheridan way.

(Johnston Research & Performance)

i ordered my clutch for my ka24de and it’s running me 300 i do believe. that is cost however

are the RPMs going up with the car in gear without the car accelerating? that’s a sure sign that the clutch is gone.

exedy cluches are nice, i had a stage 1 that stood up to a number of AWD launches at the track with my old talon, i put 15,000km of abuse on it without a problem.

i have heard F1 clutches don’t last very long at all, though i have no person experience with them.