Recommend me a Clutch Kit

I need to buy a new clutch/pressure plate kit and I don’t really need
anything performance related. Stock (or equivalent) is good enough.

I haven’t really contacted any Nissan dealers or anything yet, but I am
seeing clutch kits by Exedy going in the sub-$200USD range.

What’s the word on those? I’ve seen these on eBay as well as searching
for clutches on Google.

Anyone want to recommend me something decent for $300CAD or less
after tax?

Something local preferablly. Last thing I’d resort to is getting something
from online (most likely PDM’s Centerforce).

Thanks,

Centreforce dual friction would be best bet. I will be getting that in spring time. Can be had for just over 300CDN.

As for the Exedy clutches I know someone with one of the expensive ones that come with flywheel for around 2 grand. Your clutch will be hard as a rock and require reving like crazy. Not recommended for a daily driver unless you want strong calf muscles. However this is an insane clutch and will hold up to insane amounts of clutch kicks lol.

If I was you Gonad, look into Centreforce or a lower end ACT, but ACT’s are ussually 600 odd dollars with p-plate.

Do you plan to run more power thro the DE? If so, dual friction will prob still hold fine.

Andrew.

Sup Gonad… unfortunatly I can’t help in recommending a clutch… I’ll be following this thread in regards to that…

BUT: stay away from TREDEX Clutches… I felt them in other cars, including an S13… I must say a big waste of money.

Hey G.

The Excedy clutch I got off of ebay was $160.00 Canadian shipped!

It’s approximately 20% stiffer then stock and won’t break the bank for you to get it.

Here’s the one I got and the seller. It came really fast too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7929218431&category=33730

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Easy 8)

Sidewayz, great link! I’m thinkin about picking this up ASAP. How long did you say you’ve been using this part? just wanted to get a feel on how you like it.

I don’t plan to turbo the KADE. I just want to drive it as is and after I
have enough funds, I wll step up to SR. Who knows, I might have to
live with the KADE for 2005, but we’ll see.

My KADE has 155KM roughly so it’s still pretty stout.

I plan to go the SR route.

I don’t paln to spend too much on this clutch; I Jus tneed something to get
my car going again. I’m not too concerned about performacne or anything.

Here are some pics btw of my existing clutch:
http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?p=93170#93170

Well it’s been alright. The pressure plate is great. The disc I was sent though was defective so there sending me another one. Other then that everything has been fine.

I think this is a great clutch for anyone looking for a stiffer, yet realible clutch for there car. It takes normal every day use as well as letting you play, :wink: , when ever you’d like.

Let me know if you get and what you think, after the 1000km break in period. :lol:

Take care.

Easy 8)

I had pretty good results with an organic Exedy in the SR, although I much prefer the snap of the SPEC 6 puck ceramic.

If your looking for something for the street with good track results the
Exedy Stage 1 Organic one is Awesome, I have it in my coupe and love it.

But have to agree with bomex that I love the snap of a more agressive clutch.

If your looking for something for the street with good track results the
Exedy Stage 1 Organic one is Awesome, I have it in my coupe and love it.

But have to agree with bomex that I love the snap of a more agressive clutch.[/quote]

Yea, I’m gonna gonna get that one off eBay and be done with. I don’t
think I’m going to spend extra on a performance clutch when I really
don’t need it.

Save your coin and get a nice ceramic clutch and flywheel combo when you go SR. The Exedy will be more than fine for now.

I got the Cpracing clutch for my SR about 2 months ago. Even though i only put about 700-800kms on it before i put my car away(before 500k break in) This thing is awesome. Pedle isnt to stiff yet this thing grabs and holds very well. I paid 600 installed, and this included, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, Slave cylinder,and labour. Any one else on the board running a cp clutch?

I just paid for the eBay one. $160cad shipped.

Hope to have it in a week or so.

Will the Exedy organic stand up to the boostdesigns stage 1 kit?

Mine may be on the way out, this price is amazing.

Hey ronnie.

That kit should be good for approximately 200 lbs of torque to the flywheel. So check how much the Boostdesigns kit puts out.

Take care.

Easy 8)

More than that. :wink: :cry: