Exedy clutches

Is anyone here currently using an Exedy Clutch? If so, I was just looking for some feedback.

Also, wondering if some of you here have picked one up through e-bay. If so, I’m also looking for some feedback as well, as I’m think of doing the same… But just not quite sure yet if I should.

Please help

Mike.

although not for a 240, I will be buying an Exedy clutch soon. I am personal friends with the guy who has done all the prototype driving for Exedy’s new clutch coming out for the Corvette C5. He raves about the clutch, and said it’s far better than anything he’s tried. They tested the clutch under racing conditions, in three-hour endurance races, and never had a problem. They also abuse those clutches to no end. I can’t wait to put one in our car.

Despite my lack of experience with Exedy clutches, going off what he said, I’d highly recommend it.

If you want to wait, I’ll have experience with it in about a month or so… :wink:

Anyone I’ve talked to that has an Exedy has been very happy with their
clutch.

Just stay away from the Stage 1 because it is Organic.

If you need an Exedy talk to me on MSN, I can get them quick and cheap.

I ran the stage 1 organic on my SR for about 15,000km and I was pleased with it for low power levels. The 3 puck is even better.

Thanks fellas for the info.

iQuABoB, a appreciate the offer, right now I’m weighing out my options on which clutch to go for. I wanna thank all who have supported my search an helping me out with their info.

Cheers Fellas

Mike

Ordered one off eBay.

The PP is Exedy, but the disc is actually Daikon (or whatever). It’s the
same one Nissan used out of the factory.

I haven’t put enough KMs to judge yet. But most ppl were happy with it.

don’t be doing any clutch kicks this summer Gonad or it will be toast again :lol:

Mike I’ve heard nothing but good things about Exedy, I have a few friends running their higher end clutches.

I’ve used both their Hyper Single (same as on Signal S13.5) and the twin-plate clutch (currently). Both are very good, but the twin-plate is a little much unless you’re going for a lot of power. Daikin and Exedy are the same company - one is the OEM arm and the other is aftermarket / performance.

don’t be doing any clutch kicks this summer Gonad or it will be toast again :lol:

Mike I’ve heard nothing but good things about Exedy, I have a few friends running their higher end clutches.[/quote]

Nope, lesson learned. But having done a clutch job once already, I’m
confident I can do it again if need be. Just need a second pair of hands
which at times can be hard to come by. :slight_smile: