Exedy OEM Clutch

I did a bit of a search but i can’t spend to much time Im in a rush. Just wondering How the Exedy OEM replacement clutch compares to the stock KA clutch.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/EXEDY-89-90-1995-NISSAN-240SX-2-4-L-NEW-CLUTCH-KIT_W0QQitemZ150110751654QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33730QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Where it said application, it states that it will fit on 89-90 (SOHC) and 94-96 (DOHC) will it fit on a 92 DOHC?
And Is this worth buying?

If you have near stock power, it is alright. It is a little softer than I would prefer, but it is good for the price.

I have the exedy stage 1, don’t know if it’s the same thing. It’s pretty grabby, albeight a bit soft, but it’s held up to many 5k clutch drops so far.

It’s the common one you see on ebay for like $180 or so.

I got one a while ago when my KA clutch went. It’s fine for a stock KA.

yes it will fit a 92 KA, all the KA’s use the same clutch.

Sounds good, I Ordered it this morning, Ill write about it when i get it broken in.

EXEDY USA High Performance = Daikin HP (Made in USA)

OEM clutch = OEM clutch

EXEDY OEM = EXEDY CHINA

An EXEDY OEM clutch is as good as OEM. If it holds any more power, it’s because your old clutch was dying.

I wouln’t expect it to hold mroe power its a stock KA, my clutch is on its way, lettin go less than full trottle sometimes. I just want somethin that’ll last me till next summer without problems still a new engine.

just get an OEM clutch from any source other than Nissan. You can grab an aftermarket clutch disc for like $80 if you don’t spring for a pressure plate.

Well I ordered the one from the link, it comes with clutch and plate… for 120 US shipped. Its an alright deal.

BTW should I get a NISSAN OEM throwout bearing? I heard these other ones can cause noise.

i got a exedy stage one shipped over from japan for pretty good pricing for my sr.

i have had no where near problems wiht it.

good clutch if u dont ride your pedal it should have no problems lasting you for a long time.
nissan tob are relitivly cheap priced so its good to go with one of them

YESSSSS!!! Get the OEM bearing. The NSK bearing that came with my exedy kit has been howling ever since I put it on. I went out and bought the oem Koyo bearing from the dealership last week. I don’t care if I overpaid for it, I just want that damn noise to stop!!!

How much did you pay for it?

It was like $30 before tax. I know I could have found it cheaper if I searched around, but I really didn’t want to wait any longer. I also didn’t want to order one off the internet claiming it was the OEM one, just to receive it and find out it is another stupid NSK bearing. I really thought the one that came with my exedy clutch kit would have been the Koyo one, but I was mistaken.

I got an Exedy TOB when I got my Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit for the KA. My mechanic did put it in, but only after a week it started to make tons of noise when the car was cold. Once it warmed up, it was ok. It was weird.

So I got a brand new Nissan OEM TOB and it’s been perfect so far. Probably the cheapest thing I’ve bought from Nissan so far, LOL

I was thinking of also replacing the pilot bushing while I am in there. I may as well even though I changed it when I put my clutch in in February. Less things that can go wrong that way.

hey i was wondering if you got your kit yet? Did you end up paying extra for customs? From my experience ups charges custom when the item arrives in canada

I havn’t got it got yet, They take so long to arrive in canada its ridiculous. I should be getting it next week. It’s to the point now that its slipping with 1/4 trottle.

YESSSSS!!! Get the OEM bearing. The NSK bearing that came with my exedy kit has been howling ever since I put it on. I went out and bought the oem Koyo bearing from the dealership last week. I don’t care if I overpaid for it, I just want that damn noise to stop!!!