Exedy OEM Clutch

How much did you pay for it?

It was like $30 before tax. I know I could have found it cheaper if I searched around, but I really didn’t want to wait any longer. I also didn’t want to order one off the internet claiming it was the OEM one, just to receive it and find out it is another stupid NSK bearing. I really thought the one that came with my exedy clutch kit would have been the Koyo one, but I was mistaken.

I got an Exedy TOB when I got my Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit for the KA. My mechanic did put it in, but only after a week it started to make tons of noise when the car was cold. Once it warmed up, it was ok. It was weird.

So I got a brand new Nissan OEM TOB and it’s been perfect so far. Probably the cheapest thing I’ve bought from Nissan so far, LOL

I was thinking of also replacing the pilot bushing while I am in there. I may as well even though I changed it when I put my clutch in in February. Less things that can go wrong that way.

hey i was wondering if you got your kit yet? Did you end up paying extra for customs? From my experience ups charges custom when the item arrives in canada

I havn’t got it got yet, They take so long to arrive in canada its ridiculous. I should be getting it next week. It’s to the point now that its slipping with 1/4 trottle.

Yes well I just got it today after missing the shipment yesterday… Opened it up… comes with the clutch, pressure plate, alignment tool, trow out bearing, and pilot bushing… Now i don’t know if i should go get one from nissan. someone mentioned that nissan uses koyo bearings but the one i got says koyo on it… so im guessing this is the OEM one?

Yeah, it is pretty safe bet that that is the OEM one. NSK is the common aftermarket one that comes with the kits.

Alright I got it installed… Its in the break-in period 22km on it so far… The clutch feels very nice… It gripped very hard and bit very fast when I Just got it… Now after a bit of driving the pressure plate has gotten a bit soft and the pedal feels more linear… before it would just ping in and grip. The pedal feel is still pretty damn stiff I like it… and it still bites hard. It chirps in 1st, 2nd and 3rd without much effort. It was very hard trying to keep it smooth the first 5 km but now I’m getting used to it and its opening up more. So far so Good… Ill post another one after 500km break-in… I stalled it once so far.

pssshhh. Break in is for suckers. Glad you got the car back and are satisfied with the work though.

Alright the break in was probably the funnest period… Now it’s lost much of it’s stiffness and the pressure plate doesn’t push as hard as it used to, which results in less bite. I was doing some rainy drifts 5 minutes ago and the clutch doesn’t bite like I’d want it to. Overall Its great for daily driver, engagement is smooth and linear. No more stalls lol. For a daily driver i’d recommend it 7.5/10. If your going for performance don’t even bother I’d give it a 3/10.