Clutch Hyrdaulics Question

My Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave Master Cylinder are coming in tmr via UPS. Now i know where the Clutch Master cylinder is, top right of the engine bay, but where is the Slave cylinder located and how do I get access to it. Also what is on the other side of the Firewall past the Clutch Master Cylinder?, is it just the hose running down?

Im gonna attempt this myself, so anytips on the install appreciated.

Thanks,
Bartek

The slave cylinder is located on the bell housing on the right hand side of your tranny . . .

So I gotta jack it up.

Prolly easiest to get at it from the front right tire?

Yep the slave cylinder is in the place you are talking about.

As for the master cylinder since you have it located already just undo the 2 bolts holding it to the firewall and then undo the line going out of the master. It is connected to the clutch pedal in the interior of the car.You just have to pull out a little pin and the master cylinder will come free from the pedal and then it should come right out of the car.

http://www.240sx.org/links/installs/flywheel/slavecyl.JPG
So if the SMC is accessable through the front right wheel well should I have any issues lifting it, or having clearance if my car is already lowered?

It would be easier to work on if your car was lifted. . .

are the slave cylinders the same for KA and SR? I need to know cause im pretty sure mine is fucked,

sorry to thread jack i will start my own

yes they are

should be 20 dollars or so.

I know it has to be lifted, I was just inquiring if I will have issues since my car is lowered, like will it be hard to get to.

Im gonna get my car in the garage tomorrow, buy some fluid, and get started on this hopefully cause having no car blows balls.

For mine, and orzel’s sake how hard is it to bleed the clutch? and how do you do it?

$20 for a slave cylinder , thank god i was thinking this was going to be another thousand dollar fix

Drew

my s14 is lowered and has side skirts. I was replacing my clutch/flywheel too, so that’s why i lifted mine. Don’t think u’d be too comfortable working on it when it’s that low to the ground.

As for bleeding the clutch, i had some problems. A buddy and I flushed the master cylinder till it was clean (1/2 a litre) then gravity-bled it. Tried to pump the clutch to build up pressure but it would only keep it for maybe 2 pushes. I eventually just got the car towed to a dealership to get them to do it. They said they did the exact same thing that I did. . . :?