clutch install question

i have a 99 civic ex 5 speed and it needs a new clutch

i put a new clutch in it before but thats whenever i was putting a new engine in it.

how hard is it to put a new clutch in (i know its a broad question)

or better yet…how much would a garage charge to put a new clutch in?

it is not too bad to do. have done a lot of civic clutches lol.

Its CAKE

like butter

Its super easy. How about Ill do the clutch in your civic twice and you can do the clutch in my car the next time it needs one

yours takes a little longer but either one is not bad. have done a lot worse

what happens if you put a new clutch in without doing anything with the flywheel?

and assuming the flywheel has about 80000 miles on it

the flywheel will probably need resurfaced but just buy a new one if you can

But to answer your question there quite easy im 17 and only know a little about mechanics and it only took for 3 and a half hours to put a clutch in my 98 civic. And it pays like 6 hours or something to do it at a garage

thanks…im going to replace the flywheel but I was just wondering if anyone can answer what happens if you don’t. cause i didn’t replace it when my dad put a new clutch in 10,000 miles ago and now its shot. I am not a retard when it comes to driving with a clutch, and i don’t know why it would only last 10,000 miles unless it has something to do with not doing anything with the flywheel

If I did it quick I bet I could install a clutch in my car in about an hour and a half. I have nothing in the way, no battery, intake, etc etc I just have to unbolt the tranny from the engine, remove the tranny mount and slip out and slip in. modular clutches ftw

your making it sound too easy you forgot draining the fluid, disconnecting the shift linkage,removing the starter, and pulling the axles which depending on the car isn’t always fun. but yeah a civic clutch is easy as far as clutches go

true, but those arent much of a hassle