Clutch Replacement - Parts & Full Install Help !!

So, my clutch is on it’s way out. Wondering, if I should just pick up a different tranny, or replace the clutch?

Vehicle in question: 1991 S13 Hatch

If, replacing the clutch, what kind of clutch should I go for? What all parts do I need?

Now regarding installing the clucth, I have zero idea as to what needs to be done, plus dont have the tools, or the space to do it at. Was wondering if any members who are heavily mechanically inclined would like to help me do it. Obvioulsy I will be paying for their time in cash !!

Your benefit: Make some dough !!

My benefit: I get a new clutch and get to learn something !!

Or if anyone knows of a good shop in the GTA who doesn’t charge up through the rear !!

Any 3/4 size clutch/slave.

2 10 m bolts on master
2 bolts on cylinder
you also need an adjustable wrench.

10 min job!

Check my signature link for the tutorial

I did !! It says 4-6 hours, plus machining the flywheel and stuff !!

Should I maybe be looking at a Stage 1 clutch kit from Exedy ?

Any local sellers?

Machining the flywheel is always a good idea since its accessible at this point as well as your rear main seal!! You can skip out on machining if the flywheel is level across from side to side. Just put a ruler’s edge across and what you don’t want is a gap under the ruler or the ruler teeter doddering which means machine it or loose performance of your clutch as well as wear it out pre-maturely

I wouldn’t suggest attempting this on your own with little mechanical knowledge, its not a walk in the park for anyones 1st time. Those who know what they are doing and have muscles and love cuts and grime can tackle this in a hour or two no problem.

^ indeed !! The most I can do on a car, is oil changes, change tires, mount and unmount rubber and balance them. I did my stereo, I am still surprised at how I accomplished that.

So yes, help needed or point me towards a shop please. It’s not my DD anymore, so I can drop it off and collect it later.

I just changed my clutch the other day it took me 4 hours but i had a lift to work on it. Expect to pay any member big bills to change yours. Its a pain in the ass to do even more if your doing it with your car sitting on floor jacks. If you go to a garage it shouldnt take long to change. Good luck

Yeah, just got hooked up by one of the techs at work. After hours special…lol !!

Now off to find a clutch !!

i have a used clutch exedy. just took it out and put a stage 3, it has liek 80% on it

I have new Exedy clutches in stock - stage 1 and stage 2