clutch replacement

hey guys im going to be helping my buddy change his clutch on his 95 s14 in a week or so, ive never changed a clutch before but it doesn’t seem to difficult. is there anything i should watch for or do when installing the new one, i know you have to drain and drop the tranny out to do it, but any advice and/or pointers would be much appreciated.

cheers

forgot to mention… its a ka and we are installing a stage 1 clutch

Please use the search button. I have 4 separate tutorials, all with pictures in my thread.

Check my PM or if your lazy to go down 3 lines: http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43583

thanks man i checked out that tutorial already. just wanted to double check if there was anything els i should watch or look for or be careful of as i have never done this job before.

cheers

its a pretty straight forward job, just follow the instructions. and get your flywheel machined, make sure you put the clutch disk on the right way, and use the alignment tool

i run an xtd stage 3 (cerametallic puck clutch) and their chromoly lightweight flywheel. 300 bux ish off ebay. Runs great on track and on street :slight_smile: Super revvy, hasn’t failed me. I have a KA with boltons probably pushing around 140-150 whp ish need to get the thing dyno’d. It’s quick, grabs, easy to shift, heel-toe lightning. Eh… i’d get it again. Very light on the foot and there’s a guy on here with a ka-t pushing over 300whp on the same thing… and it runs… he doesn’t track the car but streets it but hey. He recently went with a stage 4 (same shit but unsprung). Once its broken in, its great.