clutch

ok so i got the new clutch for my car. i just need someone to put it in. i know not alot of vw guys on here but if anyone knows how and wants to do it after the holidays let me know and a price. because i would rather pay someone around here then a shop that is going to rape me… :headbang thank’s

Get a repair manual and do it yourself lol

sounds good i will get one you in. :lol

I’m sure Nick would do it or I would do it with Chris

LMAO ill help!!

ill help if you need it. you buy lots of food and beer and well have a shift clutch party lol :haha

its easy.

jack it up. remove wheels

remove axles from tranny(6 bolts each)
put jack under engine unless you have a picker to support the motor.
unbolt tranny mount
removed dogbone mount
unbolt power steering cooler line, uh hook battery
remove starter
unhook shift linkage from the lever
unhook speed sensor, unhook reverse switch
place jack under tranny, remove bolts from tranny

remove tranny.

ok so i guess everyone can help if i do it on like a sun or sat. :hug

its not hard. common sense and some tools and follow those steps i posted.

i dont have an open bay. so no go for me

Right steps, but easier said than done. I had FastAddiction swap my clutch, becaue it was my daily driver… and I would rather spend 500$ then all day, wrestling out a tranny. It took the guy at FA and my self helping, 5 hours to do. If I do remember, you need an inverse torx or some odd sized socket to take the axle bolts out, so be prepaired. I cant remeber though. It really wasnt that bad at all. I would give you a hand but I am building a house… and have no time to even think about anything else right now.

i have the tools, and the tranny shouldnt take more than an hour to get out.

Well i have a garage we can do it in but no lift just jacks i mean im down to throw someone some cash for this.i can try my best to help but it would just be a learning process for me.

250 and me and mk4 30r will show up and put in your clutch deal?

that sounds pretty good ummm do you have the tool for the bolts on the tranny… and it wont be done tell like a couple days after chrismas is that ok.

im leaving december 29th… i have the tools for it all though.

o when will you be back…

jan 3rd or something, and on the 13th its back on the road until the 27th

so we would have to do it around the 4th or 5th. i mean im good to do it whenever santa gives it to me. ;D

i cant make any plans that far ahead. other than the plans i already have. as they are paid for. i dont want to say “YES” to anything because something could come up. and i dont want to hose anyone.

:nod