Clutch is GONE! Need Help!

My clutch is 100% gone, the car will not move from first gear under 5k rpms. I NEED HELP! I have a spare clutch but never replaced one before on a front wheel drive car by myself, kinda helped a little on a honda at harkness but not much. Is there anybody that can help me? i got some money for christmas, ill pay for the help, but i need this fixed asap…please if anybody can help a brother out im desperate.

fwd clutches are bittches u can drop the tranny out but expect it to take a full day i usually just pull the motor lol

you have 2 options pull the tranny, or pull the motor, tranny is easier. I can do it for you, but i have to work on josh’s trany first. is this an ASAP thing? or can you wait untill early next week?

its kindof an asap thing, imean i can wait a few days, but as far as next week i duno, i gota have my car cuz i got alot of running around to do. But if I have to I have to.

do you have a big enough garage so that we dont have to move shit around in ours?

<-- tpgsr

i dont have a garage…thats the problem lol

Like work and schoole right?

actually yes, Traci has a bunch of shit she wantsme to do at the farm that is a good few days of work at least, and i still have to get up to school to register for spring semester. :stuck_out_tongue:

moving shit around in that garage is the easy part, digging out the garage door would be harder

and if your considering pulling the F-bod out, i wouldnt expect those rear tires to motivate the car back up the slick driveway afterwards either … lol

how much would an auto shop rape you to do a clutch replacement job? ill prolly have to do it in a couple years. im on my 1st manual car so i dont even know.

I know of a few decent shops that will treat you right for a simple clutch replacement.

I have to dig out the door anyhow because i am swapping onyx’s trans.

Jeg, if you want me to do your clutch, give me a call at my shop, and we will discuss options, and keeping it dirt cheap. the number is 675-6022, ask for mike

thanx alot man…i really appreciate it. Choda is coming out sunday to help me take a look, if it is too hard i may end up taking it in. ill definatly call u if i have to do that.

oh, and by dirt cheap, i mean parts plus like 1 hour labor for me to do it in my garage and make $0 off of you. Always willing to do the community favors

:tup: you the man Mike. I got the clutch, i just gota make sure its god and shit, should be, it looks alright to my knowlage…still has the little scratch mark things on it that it came with lol.

good luck, just have patience