Clutch question.....

alright, so i just swapped in my dohc engine and i took ti for a rip. the clutch is shot…

so my question is, when i pull out the dohc engine will the sohc clutch i already have work? im looking to get it on the road relatively cheap then mod it later… so dont tell me to upgrade right now…

Thanks, because i would like to know if it will fit before i rip my engine out again…

btw i do all my work myself… no shops
-Matt

good for you, matt… now try doing all your research yourself :roll:

i know, i know… i forgot to say that i have searched son, neo, 240sxforums… i still cant seem to find the thread im looking for…
if anyone cares to help, because i cant seem to find what im looking for…
when i look at the nissan parts numbers the 91-95 240sx clutch part has an extra 4 on the part numbers… causing me to think they are different but im not positive what the actual difference is… i havent found any information to clear it up

Thanks,
-Matt

and i hate to see people say search… because its hard when you have been searching since wednesday night, havent found a clue to say they are different enough not to work and then have people tell you to do what you have just done for the last 3 days… thanks for coming out though

…nothing directed to you koz, but when people are looking for help and people just say search… when i searched clutch or sohc clutch in dohc and things like that… it didnt help… threads that came up either said search or were useless

took me all of 3 seconds to find this…

thanks for coming out though :wink:

didn’t check the Z link, but it WILL work in both motors (atleast the aftermarket ones are interchangeable between both engines).

Theo

new website to me… i dont surf there yet… thanks KOZ

-Matt

dude, Zilvia is the largest 240SX forum in the world.

27,000 members and over 100,000 threads… anything and everything has already been discussed there.

so can i put a 747 jet engine in my s13… or even an oldschool steam engine?
the only problem i see is wiring. :stuck_out_tongue:

jokes… i didnt have zilvia bookmarked, but i have been there before… sorry for the confusion… and thanks for the help

-Matt