Cobalt SS Twincharged?

I am seriously thinking about selling my gixxer in the spring and doing this to my car. There is not a chance in hell I am going to see the amount of power I want using the stock M62 blower alone. Small pulleys and bigger injectors add decent power, but nothing spectacular IMO and heat soak does become an issue with anything smaller than a stage 3 pulley (what I am currently running). Heat exchangers and meth injection help, but it’s still not what I am after. Then comes the ZZP Twincharge Kit…

http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion/products1.php?id=871&catid=143

Using our recommended turbo, this kit at its base setting of 16psi produces 300WHP+ on pump gas. We have tested to ~440WHP on pump gas and 465WHP on race gas.

Currently they only offer the kit at their shop, they won’t send it out to be installed. I am going to e-mail them and see if they will possibly work with Synapse (a vendor on cobaltss.net) to do the install rather than driving way the hell out there to have it done. The price is spot on with my budget as well and the kit makes some respectable numbers. :ponder

400+WHP in a 2900lb car sounds fun :banana Even though it is FWD… :confused

doooo eeetttttt

I mean for your platform, that definitely seems like the way to go if you’re looking for serious power, but you’ve got to ask yourself, is this really what you want to be driving 1-3 years from now with a lot of money invested in it? If it is, then cool, go for it, it’ll be a great project. I asked myself the same question and I said FUCK no, I’m paying my car off ASAP and putting it up for sale the day that I do. That being said, you have a reasonably light FWD coupe while I have a heavy FWD sedan, but still, for the retail value of both of our cars +/- a few grand there are a lot of AWD/RWD coupes/sedans, whatever you’re looking for, that have more

Not shooting you down, just trying to throw out another perspective. Maybe you feel differently about your car than I do mine…

honestly a turbo would be better bang for the buck… but i can’t lie i’ve been looking at the kit too… but the fact that they wont ship it out is really making me not want to buy it from them

it’s a simple install and the only hard part would be the tune but if they offer the tables then it solves all that issues…

if it’s in your budget and you can get them to ship it out then i would say do it

Dream killer

have synapse fab something up for ya maybe?

I’m not getting it if they won’t ship. I am going to email ZZP and see if they can work something with Synapse to get it installed.

Dude you have to remember I drive a domestic. I’d be crazy to sell the car anytime soon (I already lost tons of money on it through depreciation). It is paid off so it’s not like I am still making payments on it. Might as well make it to where i’ll be happy, then drive it until the wheels fall off.

HELL YES!

oh and having paid off cars/no car payments FTMFW!!!

Definitely. :nod

if you don;t get it from them then buy the haun stage 2 turbo kit and go from there… that will give you everything except the intercooler piping and the tune, then morgan or adam can make the rest for ya…

Could do that, but I want to keep the SC :banana

yeah, because you know anything about that… lol

My cars are paid off aren’t they? I’m not paying on them am I? Therefore they’re paid off cars.

I’m saying you don’t know what it’s like to pay for a car! :nana

::slight_smile:

no i ment that as a place to start the twin charge setup b/c all they give you is the trubo and manifold and the lines and gaskets to install it, all you need is an exhaust and the intercooler piping and your all set

call up morgan

Yeah, I actually thought of that after I posted :lol In that case, go for it!! ;D

Will be in touch with ZZP shortly to see if they can work out some kind of deal. For now i’ll probably keep it ~300-350whp until I can do other supporting mods to properly handle the power (Clutch, axles, etc).

have you dynoed your yet… what mods do you already have done

sry for asking now i never even thought to ask before